ice view ice view ice view ice view
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ice view

lucky dog Guest

Default ice view

could someone let me know the site for sattelite view of ice and how up to date is image thanks everybody hope to see you out there this year

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the link for the MODIS Imagery.
    http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/
    The pictures depend on weather conditions. The best pick to date is on the 9th. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Satellite Pics

You can also just type Lake Erie satellite photos in your search engine and it will take you to the NOAA Site.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

lucky dog Guest

jig have you been down along the lake yet along metzgers or magee/crane to check on ice I talked to a buddy yesterday he said a few of them with airboats were planning on going off catawba sat morning i'd much rather fish this end but havent seen any word on ice yet Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crane Creek/Magee

The ice is still not safe there. Another week or so with cold temps and no wind should do it. Got a report today that a couple guys limited in Brest Bay off Stoney Point yesterday. Late afternoon bite. The fish from 3:30 till 6:00. Lures varied. Thats a good sign.

Post Thanks / Like

were the guys at Brest walking out or on atv...how thick is the ice over there ?
    Thanks for the report..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brest Bay

Went last night. Fished from 6:00PM till 11:00PM. Not a bite. Oh well. 11" of ice. People are running ATV's. The shove ice wall is at 16 FOW and thats as far we went being night and all. Heard reports of some fellas catching some but between 3 of us we didnt get a bite. Heard of people going off Catawba yesterday also but hav'nt received a report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brest Bay

I'm gonna give the night bite a shot tonight a brest bay. Hopefully we can find a little deeper water. I would love to go to catawba but I don't trust the winds out there today. Hopefully some ice gets blown and locked in to brest bay because i have a feeling the fish are stacked in there since they aren't doing so well at the islands.

Post Thanks / Like

Default brest bay

michigan guys said the fishing has been pretty slow at bb but you know how that spot is. 4 hours no bites then 30 mins limit! looking at sat. view from yesterday looks like alot of open water east of bb.

Post Thanks / Like

Default BB

Yeah i got the skunk too, Everytime I go up there its like playing the lottery; hit or miss or hot or not hoping to get out to catawba next weekend but haven't heard any reports out that way