any ice reports? any ice reports? any ice reports? any ice reports?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default any ice reports?

Just was wondering if there were any ice reports out there? I herd that the lake was mostly ice covered but looked at satlite pic and it dosent look like it. I also herd around the islands that it was ice cover over a week ago? any update would be great thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice report

Fellas are fishing Brest Bay in Monroe, MI. Ice is locked up from Cawtawba SP to the islands but with push ice. Shards and more shards. Extreme travel conditions. Ave thickness is 7". Ice boats are starting to run out to Green Island area. Limited success. Weather later this week will help smooth it out somewhat and the ice boats should be making a path through it for us. But I would not follow there path till late next week after the next cold front does its job.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks jig for the update, I am hoping we can fish crane creek area again this year. But I might go try breast bay again, just never did vary well there in years past. Thanks again and keep me posted I will do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Breat Bay Tactics

Every year is different. I want Crane Creek also but it seems that is the late part of the season for safe ice. The pattern at Brest Bay last year was a late bite. Anywhere from 5pm till 11pm. It is never as good as Crane Creek, Camp Perry or Cawtawba for that matter. Just a place to check the equipment out with a chance to hook into one.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know the ice conditions for breast bay and a fishing report? Or did the warm up make it no fishable? Looking to do a shake down and test out the equipment. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brest Bay Ice Conditions

I havnt been up there since the warm up. Heard they were going out off stoney point but were only getting out to 15 fow. will make some calls and update tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brest Bay

I'm going to check out Brest Bay tmrw and hoping the ice is good enough for the night bite. Only caught about a dozen eyes there last year. Inland fishing is getting old I'm way overdue for some walleye's. If the ice isn't safe I'm just gonna try Sterlings or go for Perch at Bolles. I have a feeling the Bay might need another week or so.

Post Thanks / Like

I called the marina on tuesday and they said ice blew out on warm spell only a few hundred yards of ice but they also said it frozzed back up over monday night. Might not be good yet but gotta be getting close.

Post Thanks / Like

So Brest Bay probably would be a waste of time so I'm going to try Irish hills for panfish then head to Devils before dusk for some walleyes. The word is that they are getting good perch in bolles harbor itself and shouldn't be a long walk. How deep were you you able to get prkr. `

Post Thanks / Like

Wally I will too be at devils on sat but I have never caught a walleye there but have seen many caught. Have you ever done very well out there? I fish bass turnys every year out there and somebody always brings in keepers for the junk fish slot. If you are out there sat look for a old gold and brown snowmobiel and a clame shanty will be on the north end.