Walleye from shore at Night?? Walleye from shore at Night?? Walleye from shore at Night?? Walleye from shore at Night??

Red face Walleye from shore at Night??

I have been listening to a couple old guys talking about catching walleye from the shore in December at night. They said that its hit or miss but you catch some big ones when its on. Any truth to this and if so , what kind of bait and tackle does it take? They referred to the area around Marblehead as hot spot.

Smile DEC. Walleye Pier Night Fishing

Thanks for the info, I had one other guy tell me to use jerk baits, ( Husky Jerk, Suspend. Rougues, orTail Dancers) Ive got an idea now and me and another brave soul are gonna try it next week I think. Long haul from Cincinnati but we are laid off and have a buddy that will loan us his trailer up there. Thanks again and have a good holidays ! Keep ur powder dry and ur line tight!

The pier fishing can be great, at times, but most times it's very slow. Most of the folks I know usually use Husky Jerks. Back in the day, the hot lure was the Rattle Trap. I don't know where you're staying, but check out this link from dnr's website. It has a few places you might want to check out.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/Coastal_Main_...3/Default.aspx

Let us know how you do.