Need Advice Need Advice Need Advice Need Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Advice

Smile Need Advice

Be up this weekend and need some help on locating walleye in the western basin or could go east. How about it skipper9 capt Jim.:

My Demeyes Guest

I'll be trying the Huron/Vermilion areas this weekend, I'll post results monday

If you want to cast go up on kellys island shoal and gull shoal Try casting weight foreward spinners in thbe shallows for the best bite. If you want to troll start in the huron area and troll east in 20 foot of water and pull reef runner 800 series back 50 to 90 back.
    If you dont get them their go north (34/22) and run 40 jets back 50 to 120 or a reef runner 60 back with a 2oz weight. This is the program i would use. thanks Capt Jim.

yakimaman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    If you want to cast go up on kellys island shoal and gull shoal Try casting weight foreward spinners in thbe shallows for the best bite. If you want to troll start in the huron area and troll east in 20 foot of water and pull reef runner 800 series back 50 to 90 back.
    If you dont get them their go north (34/22) and run 40 jets back 50 to 120 or a reef runner 60 back with a 2oz weight. This is the program i would use. thanks Capt Jim.
    Skipper - I'm a beginner here on the Lake. What do you mean by "34/22"?

yakimaman Guest

Skipper, what do you mean by "go north (34/22)?

Sorry, That would be the latitude and longitude that I want you to start at. 41.34 and 82.22 and troll north to the canadian border. Sorry,I type most of these post out on my phone. any question just give me a call.. Thanks Capt Jim. 614.327.7144. jandjfishingcharters.com

Yakimaman, Since your new to lake erie do you want to join us sat morning. I will have some of the best lake erie fisherman with me. We are going jumbo perch fishing but you will be able to answer any questions you have.. you never know we might go eye fishing..

yakimaman Guest

Coming from Columbus and may not be able to get there until mid-day Saturday. Thanks for the offer and it is definitley something I'd like to do. I have a boat now (Sandusky) but no gear yet and other than working a trout stream, no experience. What do you normally charge? Any weekday trips planned?

I wont charge you anything.. We might be able to do something sunday morning. I am still waiting for my sunday morning to cofirm. thanks Capt Jim.

Blog Entries

Default Sunday.....

Heck Im going with Capt. Jim, good deal... Hey Skip9 - I'll be up, call me- I maybe fishing solo. or with 1 other angler. Friday goining to try at shoals and go from there, really just want to get on water for a change before the flakes start flying, and it wont be long- fish on
    Somthin-Fishy