Doubleheader Doubleheader Doubleheader Doubleheader
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Doubleheader

Post Thanks / Like

Default Doubleheader

Wow. What a day.. Left the dock at 2pm. We got our three man limit of perch on the SE corner of Kellys by 4:30. Then we went up to Kellys island shoul and casted crooked eye perch colored rigs with 1/2 oz inlines on a splash count of 2 and had our 18 eyes by 6:30pm. we drifted 13 fow to 9 fow near the last green can. The eyes averaged about 23 inches.. Capt Jim jandjfishingcharters.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Nice

Great report Jim, will try for those eyes on Saturday. Which side/can of the shoal were you on- Ron

Labshavit Guest

Jim about how far south of the southeast corner were you? Or were you off lakeside?
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

we set up sw of the third green can and let the ne wind blow us across the shoal. The perch were closer to kellys in 28.5 feet of water thks Capt Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Great report Skipper. We'll be up from St. Louis on Friday night. You think we ought to trailer the boat from Wild Wings and head east? Or, are we just as good this time of year towards Oak Harbor. Offer for drinks on Friday night is still on. Thanks.
    Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    we set up sw of the third green can and let the ne wind blow us across the shoal. The perch were closer to kellys in 28.5 feet of water thks Capt Jim
    my favorite spot....

Post Thanks / Like

If it was me I would trailer the boat east.. How far will depend on the wave forecast.. if its calm i am going to vermillion.. I like to catch the big ones.. if its windy i will stay around the islands. I will have to pass on the drinks friday night.. (prior plans)sorry.. give me a call and i will let you know my game plan for the weekend.. thks Capt Jim