Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default perch western end

fished 1 mile northeast of supnkit bouy, 29 ft. water, 183 perch
    42 lbs, single hook rig the best.

Post Thanks / Like

What exactly do you refer to as sputnik? I always thought it was the big white and green buoy that is located between the Harbor light and the mouth of the Maumee River. Someone recently told me it was closer to Monroe north of the Harbor Light, and is also refered to as the radar buoy or McDonalds. This kind of makes sense since you say you are fishing in 29 fow and the buoy i'm thinking of is nowhere near that deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile western perch

the green and white is MC DONALDS or radar bouy, we were
    north east of the supknit, red and white with bell sounding off. ROUGHLY 10 MILES OFF SHORE
    they were catching perch at MCDONALDS but smaller, also
    weather BOUY at gravel pits, between water intake and habor light, also south of the nets at metgers. we were roughly 13 miles out of mienkes yesterday.
    Last edited by wayne johnson; 08-08-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

3 of us fished 2 miles north of water intake yesterday in 22 fow. limited in 4 hours decent size. Averaged 4.5 fish per pound. Caught a lot of white perch though.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for info Wayne. I had a friend that told me they were catching walleye by sputnik a few weeks ago on a charter but he relly couldn't tell me where it was because he is not that familiar with the lake. I know they came out of Breast Bay and he said they went east\southeast. So i've been wondering if he and I were thinkking of the same place.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile western end perch

the charters have benn working three spots, mcdonalds, the green and white, supknit the red and white one with bell, and
    the turn a round where ohio , mich. and canada channel split,
    the farer you go out generly the bigger the fish this time of year, its up to you if you want to travel 13 to 18 miles for perch,
    in sept. and oct. the perch way out match vermillion size, at a
    rate of 2 to 3 perch per pound, compared to 4 or 5 per lb in close.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive heard what is reffered to as "Sputnik" is the buoy on the shipping channel out of toledo,wsw of toledo harbor light,sticks up out of the water and looks like a semi-submerged missile.havent been out that way recently,but do know they were getting the 4-5 per lb. out that way a few weeks ago.
    if its that buoy were talking about, its due north of little cedar point,which is the eastern land border of maumee bay.Im just learning the lake all over again,nice to have some people to bounce info off of.

Four7s Guest

Default Perch North of Green

Four of us fished just north of Green yesterday from about 9AM - 3PM, in 29-30 FOW. Boxed about 40 perch, threw back at least 100, too small, and the we kept were not that large either Also caught at least 20 sheep head and white perch. My son hooked about an 8 lb catfish, got twisted up in my line so i helped bring it it and got the assist. We also would have had more in the box - but of our party kept trying to throw perch in the cooler mounted and on the back of the boat from the front and missed 5 times. They thanked me at fish cleaning time. Nice day on the lake anyway spent with family.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out to Sputnik Yesterday (red and White) long haul, but we caught 43 nice perch, 3 to a lb. Start early, bite shutdown and fish got smaller after 10:00am

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default perchin S - Kellys

Bite was on Friday 90 in 3.5 hours, actually got a couple 9 & 10's. Saturday was just the same, 60 in 2.5 hours after one move to Fridays GPS #'s. Counted 60 something boats in area on Saturday. Fished South kellys- actually in front of Lakeside by 2 miles- nice 5 mim. ride to harbor. Hopefully the eyes start in sometime, perch filleting is getting hard on the fingers.
    Stay safe, and fish-on