perch southwest corner of kellys perch southwest corner of kellys perch southwest corner of kellys perch southwest corner of kellys
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mastroller Guest

Default perch southwest corner of kellys

perched monday n today and caught limit in 2 hrs both days. good fishin.

Labshavit Guest

I have heard this numerous times but have had no luck their. How far south and west from the island? Closer to light house or closer to the island?

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch options

Traveling to Marblehead this coming weekend ( Aug.6-9 ) with my nephews and brother. They would like to try the perch bite and I would agree it would probably be best this time of the year. I have been hearing of certain locations, but would like specifics for the Kelleys area. It has been a few years since I've fished the area. Have a tested 22 ft. Starcraft , but would like to stay south of the border.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default SW kelly

Did good there also on July 25, was actually using the SWS wind for drifting, caught 4 nice perch on harnesses and marked the GPS spot, came back there in couple of hours and did good. I was to west of red can about 1/2 mile. American eagle reef area.

Labshavit Guest

Default Perch

Hit the mother load this afternoon southwest of Kelly's. Never in my life have I had such action. 90 in less than 2 hrs. Also heard a very reliable report G can is also a hot spot right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch

we were out Sunday at G-can,early, and didnt catch much of anything,,mved out to green island and hit a bunch of skinny 4 to 5 inchers,and finally moved between green and rattle,caught a few 10 and 12 inchers with a mix of 4 to 8 inchers.
    heard through the grapevine the reefs by bessie are producing eyes,just wondering what people are using for casting or drifting.had a little luck a few weeks ago by marblehead lighthouse drifting spoons on BB,but havent seen or heard much since.

Labshavit Guest

same spot today only one other boat thier. all the rest were further west and south out from Lakeside must have ben 75-100 boats. Oh yeah 50- 14lbs 2hrs 9am-11am

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default perch

got 60 on 8-7, 8am-10am lots of boats-didnt want to get in pack so got marks and set anchor SW kellys, about 1/2mile south of the 100 or so boats. Went north to try some eyes and got nothing but grass. Any reports on Sundays fishing- post them. Didnt get out, super nice day, but fishing is a little boring along- Somthin-Fishy

Post Thanks / Like

Default SW Kelleys

Out on Sunday, early by 7:30, SW Kelleys before the 100's of boats showed up! 2 ppl limited out in 1.5 hours! You didn't even have time to get your hook set before you were reeling it in =) Lots and lots of doubles.

buddstools Guest

Was out Sat on the northeast side of the sandbar north of Vermillion. We were chasin eyes. Lots of marks but no takers. Should have brung our perch gear also had lots of marks.