fish report  7-24 fish report  7-24 fish report  7-24 fish report  7-24
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default fish report 7-24

My wife and I fished the huron area saturday, we stayed in close to avoid the waves. We caught our limit of perch, tons of white perch, white bass and sheep head. 11fow to 30fow. Boats were trolling for walleyes 11 to 15 fow with some luck. Trolling between huron and sawmill. they were also just east of old womans creek. I picked up 3 kids swimming about 1/4 mile off shore with no life jackets, told them to get in and I ran them back, they were happy to get the ride. no size to the perch mostly 8"s. Fun day on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7-24-10

5 man limit on perch 4 hours, about 30, 10-11 inchers 1 12 inch. 28fow. 43lbs lucie's pt.

11 walleye gold worm harness drifting just north of the point. Between the island and the green can. 18-22inches

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Lucies Point?

Heard of others fishing there, exactly where is that location at?
    Thanks- Somthin Fishy..........

Post Thanks / Like

Default location

It is on the NE side of Middle Bass. Be very careful between the Green can and Middle Bass as the water if very shallow and full of rocks, you can do alot of damage to your boat in that area. Every year there are several boat rock accidents in this area.

Post Thanks / Like

Default wow

hahaha wowww. so ironic you just posted that. decided to go try Ballast for perch yesterday cuz we had been hearing great things...we had no idea it got THAT shallow south of ballast island. 2.1-2.3 feet for a while. it was quite the experience. thank god we were idling along cuz we were unfamilar with the waters. we were able to reverse on out of there.

however, we did try perch fishing for a little while north and then northwest of ballast island. did awful. size was just pathetic. kept 1 or 2. 90% were 6 inches or smaller. maybe we werent far enough east??? Tried southwest of green island with a couple other boats. same deal. actually did our best fishing at the CIC green can about a mile from our cut. ended up with about 20 perch

Post Thanks / Like

Default re: wakina

Your post brings back some memories. I used to fish that area with my dad and grandpa back in the late 60s and 70s. We called it East Reef back then. We also fished around Starve Island, all along the south side of South Bass, and the area from the east end of South Bass to Ballast. Mostly fish the Lorain/sand bar/Avon Point area these days. Gramps and dad have been gone for many years. Lots of good memories, though.

- Cast Party

Post Thanks / Like

Default almost there

Quote Originally Posted by ryguy2010 View Post
    hahaha wowww. so ironic you just posted that. decided to go try Ballast for perch yesterday cuz we had been hearing great things...we had no idea it got THAT shallow south of ballast island. 2.1-2.3 feet for a while. it was quite the experience. thank god we were idling along cuz we were unfamilar with the waters. we were able to reverse on out of there.

however, we did try perch fishing for a little while north and then northwest of ballast island. did awful. size was just pathetic. kept 1 or 2. 90% were 6 inches or smaller. maybe we werent far enough east??? Tried southwest of green island with a couple other boats. same deal. actually did our best fishing at the CIC green can about a mile from our cut. ended up with about 20 perch
    You were just a little SE of Lucy's Point maybe a mile or so when you were at Ballast Island, that green can is out in the lake quite a little distance from Middle Bass so be careful, it lies straight out from the rock ledge that enters the water off of NE corner of Middle Bass. You can see North Bass and the passage between the 2 islands from that green can. You have alot of water on the outside of that green can though. But watch the SE corner of North Bass, it is the same deal but does not run out into the lake as far and may not be marked. Have had very good luck on the perch there in years past right next to that green can, but they are either there or they are not , but it can be really good when they are there. CORRECTION You were SW of Lucy's Point and not SE as stated originally I even proof read this post twice, I am sorry, Lucy's Point would be NE of Ballast
    Have fun and stay safe.
    Last edited by wakina; 08-03-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Wrong directions

sig061 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    You were just a little SE of Lucy's Point maybe a mile or so when you were at Ballast Island, that green can is out in the lake quite a little distance from Middle Bass so be careful, it lies straight out from the rock ledge that enters the water off of NE corner of Middle Bass. You can see North Bass and the passage between the 2 islands from that green can. You have alot of water on the outside of that green can though. But watch the SE corner of North Bass, it is the same deal but does not run out into the lake as far and may not be marked. Have had very good luck on the perch there in years past right next to that green can, but they are either there or they are not , but it can be really good when they are there.
    Have fun and stay safe.
    I had the pleasure of meeting the rocks on the S/E corner of N Bass..! I didn't see them & they were not visible at the time. Even after we wrecked we wouldn't have known what we hit.. had it not been for the boat's paint on the rocks that made them visible when looking over the side of the boat. One of the worst and scariest days of my life. Yet another reason to thank god for Rescue Marine!