Help with walleye Help with walleye Help with walleye Help with walleye
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Help with walleye

Im new to the Toledo area, my wife and I just moved here from Georgia and I have been trying to catch some walleye but no success so far. Being from Georgia Ive never even seen a walleye beside on tv. My father in law is from here and has been taking me out on the lake but we cant seem to find any. I am hoping I can get some help on here to locate them. Ant tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

hawg hanger Guest

Smile

the good thing is its not you!!! This year has been a really slow summer bite the sprine bite was the best by far this year. The only advice i could give is keep trying and hit the hot spots north to the deep clean water or out east trolllers seem to be doing better wish there was better news all i know is it beats being at work good fishing.

buddstools Guest

What method are you using, trolling,drifting,casting??

Post Thanks / Like

We have been drifting and casting for the most part but we trolled one days for hours but nothing still. Going out again tomorrow to give it another try!
    Last edited by GABoy; 07-24-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: miss spelled words

buddstools Guest

I have the best results trolling with planer boards,jet divers and spoons. I also have learned that walleyes are all over the lake. The biggest keys are that you find the right speed and depth. Fine tune from there.

Post Thanks / Like

What would be a good starting depth?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up GaBoy

From Ga as well and have been here 14 years and have a place over by Wildwings on the lake. I mostly troll but it has been a tough summer for walleye. Catching most fish Northeast of West Sister. Always looking for someone to go fishing with so drop a post if your interested.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah sure I still dont really know anybody here so That would be great

Post Thanks / Like

Give me a call and we'll find a day that works; 419-344-1519.