Cans? Help Cans? Help Cans? Help Cans? Help

Thread: Cans? Help

Default Cans? Help

New lake erie fisherman here. I fish out of toledo, oh. Can someone explain to me what you mean by "g" cans, or "c" cans. Im assuming they are buoys, but when im looking for fishing spots, how do i find these "cans"? I also assume they are by the port clinton area.

Also, Anyone know of any good perch fishing spots out by maumee bay. Dont really like to go farther then turtle island. Only caught 4 perch the ast time i was out.... fishing just outside the shipping channel in 20 FOW.

Most of the time when someone talks about a "can" it's in reference to the fire range marker buoys. A to C would be the northern boundry. C to F would be the eastern side. F to H would be the southern side. And H, J, K, L, and A would make up the Western side of the range. The range is roughly between Davis Besse and Port Clinton. If they say "can on the line" it's in reference to the maker buoys between Ohio and Canada. All should be shown on any map of Lake Erie.

hawg hanger Guest

Smile

if you go a little further out towards the island west sister you will find good perch fishing in that whole area around the harbor light is good too perch spreaders with long leaders or crappie rigs tiped with minnows hope this helps a little.

we have been having good luck about 2 miles north of the water intake and over to the shipping channel.

sig061 Guest