Cans to Bass Islands Cans to Bass Islands Cans to Bass Islands Cans to Bass Islands

Default Cans to Bass Islands

If anyone has any recent walleye or even perch fishing reports from around the cans, the reefs, or bass islands...please post. Don't really have the liberty to run out to the canadian border or NE of Kellys so I would really like to know if anyone is even trying it around Niagara, Green, Rattlesnake, etc.

Looking to fish Thursday-Sat so any info would be much appreciated

Thanks guys, GL

I would focus on perch fishing. The walleye bite has been tough. Have heard of a possible reef bite and around crane creek, but besides that everything is way north or east for walleye. All your normal perch spots should produce.

Default Rattlesnake

I have been fishing 1 mi out from the rattles 31fow 1.8 to 2mph trolling worm rigs the greener the better 2 0z of weight 90 ft back have left with limits every thurs and friday for the past two weeks fish are only 17 inch with the 3 pounder being the big fish of the day but i am catching fish i will be out there this thurs i am out by 5:30 and usualy in by 9am im on 68 on the radio and go by who's counting my girfrends a math teacher i might try between kelleys island and middle island to look for bigger fish this week i fish with a friend on fridays and there will be some wind 15-25 so i want some islands between us and the wind

Have you been trolling all around the island or sticking to a specifc side? We will be out on Roll Me Away. We usually listen to 68 anyways so we'll keep an ear out for ya. Sounds like storms might be an issue so we should be out there early in the AM as well

sig061 Guest

Drifting: July 5th we fished "B" can for walleye & only picked up white perch & sheepheads. On the 7th, we fished just North & East of West Sister and only picked up 1 walleye. The 7th was the Wednesday that was about 100 deg. & no wind. On the 9th, we finally picked up about 12 nice size walleye just about a mile South of Northwest Reef. N41 45.165 W82 53.675. After catching some fish on Friday the 9th, I was excited to try again on the following Saturday, the 16th. Local advice said "D" can. Well "D" was a giant bust.. Nothing but sheep. We made our way back to the area where we caught the dozen, & fishing sucked again! On the radio.. there were guys ranting about "B" can, so we gave it a shot. In the end, we landed 1 walleye. It was such a long disapointing day, that I can't even remember where we got it! So for me.. The week of the 4th & last weekend, really sucked at the cans.

I'll be going up there tonight & fishing tomorrow. Last I've heard for walleye drift fishing is N&E of West Sister.. If anyone knows better.. Please share! I could really use the help!