7-17 report 7-17 report 7-17 report 7-17 report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 7-17 report

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7-17 report

fished east of kelley's again landed two lost 1 in the first hour, no more fish for the next hour, had two people chumming so I brought them in. Fished for two hours in from of sawmill 1 walleye. Went back to the house and entered a horshoe tournment with my friend Larry and we actually won it. So the day wasn't a total loss. A lot of boats fishing in close between Huron and Sawmill. 20 to 15fow

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7-17-10

We made it out there and someone forgot to pack the worms, tried to get some over the radio but no one wanted to help a brother out, put shiners on the mayfly rig and I pulled one walleye then we head for the islands and took a 4 man limit of perch. not a total loss either. Going fri or sat?

"Dream Killer" will be out there, last weekend I can go I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gulp better than worms

Last year, I ran out of nightcrawlers and opened a bag of the Gulp 6" nightcrawlers that I had in my boat for a long time unused. We started catching walleye at a faster pace and a lot less junk (which is why we ran out in the first place). I have experimented with this for a few trips after that day and now, I don't even buy worms anymore. Use whole GULP worms on harness and cut in half for casting rigs and erie deries. Try it some time. I doubt you will be disappointed.

P.S.
    Don't buy the jars of GULP Alive worms. The cans leak like crazy if tipped. The bags of refular GULP work just as good.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have tried the Gulp with good results. Not totally sold out on them, but I am working on it. Had fish totally strip them off of my harness before, so that should say something for the Gulp.

penalty box, glad to hear you won the HS tournament!