Planer Board mast Planer Board mast Planer Board mast Planer Board mast
    buddstools Guest

Default Planer Board mast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was looking to install a Traxstech Planer Board mast in the front seat pedestal of my Lund 2010 Explorer Sport. Has anyone tried this? One of my concerns are that is the seat pedestal strong enough. Should Be it holds me.. Also should any type of guide wire be used to help support the pull of the larger boards

Hey Budd,
    I would try calling Tony @ Great lakes Planers. He helped us out alot. We had custom pieces welded and shipped for a very reasonable price. The planer systems are very solid. I pull 1"x8"x36" double wood boards w/ up to 4 poles per side and a radar on top, and have had no problem so far. I'll try to post some picks in the next week or so. (www.GreatLakesPlaners.com) 315-649-2589 or [email protected]

The is man Guest

I have been pulling boards for ten years with a planer mast in my front seat pedestal. I bought an extra seat post and had a plate welded to it at my local welding shop and then bolted the mast to it. Never had any problems with it and it has plenty of strength to pull my double boards.
    I would recommend it.

The is man Guest

I have been using a mast mounted in my front seat post for about ten years and I love it. I bought an extra seat post and took it to my local welding shop and had them weld a flat piece of steel to the end. Then I bolted my mast to that. I run large double boards and have absolutly no problems.

Net-Work Guest

If you have a taper-lock base I would not do it. I used to do this on my old boat and a coupltimes the mast came loose before I put a hitch pin on the mast. Personnaly I would mount a 12" track somewhere convenient with a backer plate. You will not have any worries. Call Greg Ellison at Traxstech if you have any other specific questions. 586-344-4364

buddstools Guest

Default Planer Board mast

Quote Originally Posted by Net-Work View Post
    If you have a taper-lock base I would not do it. I used to do this on my old boat and a coupltimes the mast came loose before I put a hitch pin on the mast. Personnaly I would mount a 12" track somewhere convenient with a backer plate. You will not have any worries. Call Greg Ellison at Traxstech if you have any other specific questions. 586-344-4364
    How do you identify the taper-lock base??