New member looking for help New member looking for help New member looking for help New member looking for help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default New member looking for help

I am a new member and I am hoping that someone will give me some information on fishing on Lake Erie. I joined the Air Force in 1980 and moved away from the area. I retired a couple of years ago, and I am returning to Indiana for a family reunion, and I would like to take my brothers fishing on Erie. I used to fish on Erie around West Sister with friends who had boats, but I never really payed attention to where we launched from. We will be coming from northeast Indiana, likely on I-80, and I would appreciate some info on the best public boat ramp to launch from to get out to west sister island. We are going to be fishing on July 19th, so hope the fishing will still be OK around west sister. If someone is willing to share some areas in the western basin that are good during the July timeframe, I would appreciate that as well. I used to use Erie Dearies and Hot n Tots back in the 70's and I assume that nightcrawler harnesses, crankbaits and spoons work as well. I fish in South Dakota a lot for walleyes and we typically use bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses, so I will probably try those as well. Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.
    Phil

Labshavit Guest

LamberJacks off Rt2 $5 launch fee and straight shot East to west sister.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default New member looking for help

Thanks for the help labshavit. Is there a bait shop close by the boat ramp? Thanks again for your help.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

I thought west sister would be north northeast of lamberjacks east would be bass islands dont want nobody lost but you should be able to see it from the lake shore

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Member

1st thank you for your service!

I agree about Lamberjacks, I am sure that they also sell bait have decent $5 ramps and a straight shot North to West Sister. Happy Hooker Bait is on Route 2 near the entrance to Lamberjacks. They have bait and good info. You may want to consider the Crane Creek area as well at that time of the year, especially if trolling. That is a short ride West of Lamberjacks.

Good Luck!

http://www.vacationrentals411.com/vacation/23785.html

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lamberjacks

They raised their ramp feee to $6 this year...And yes their is a bait shop right their...They have the best ramps in the area, Turtle creeks are really steep...And West sister is a 8 mile run north of lamberjacks or Turtle creek is where you'll be coming out of....If you go out of Crane Creek west sister will be north east and it's a little bit longer run...You can see West sister soon as you leave the creek it straight ahead can't miss it....My cottage is right behind Lamberjacks....If you need to get tackel I'd recommend going to the Happy Hooker they have a Bigger selection then Lamberjacks..Either way hope you have a great time, and catch some fish... Be safe and have a Happy 4th....
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Thanks for the Help Everyone!

I would like to thank everyone who has responded to my request for some help with information on boat ramps and bait shops, etc. I really do appreciate everyone taking the time to help me out, and I am looking forward to our trip to Erie in a couple of weeks. I will probably post again before we go fishing and see if anyone can give us an idea of where to start. Thanks again for your help.
    Phil