new member new member new member new member
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: new member

Huntin711 Guest

Default new member

Hi everyone I am new and just wanted to say hi. I have been reading these threads for the past couple years and have learned alot and have alot to learn indeed. I have enjoyed many post from gettin jiggy, spoontang. And I would really like to send a special thanks to Skipper9 for all his help and advice. I dont mean to be long winded but I wanted to share a little about my family, me and my wife have 4 children ages 9,5,3, and a newborn. Me and my dad have a boat up at turtle creek marina we are both fireman and we spend a lot of time hunting and fishing with the kids. By the way if anyone has any thoughts on a good campground that is kid friendly please respond. Thanks everyone and god bless.
    Last edited by Huntin711; 06-21-2010 at 11:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome

Welcome to the site...
    I also have a boat in Turtle Creek and have the cottage right on the creek..(the nice one) thier's only 2 on the creek...As far as a kid friendly campground...Try the KOA on 23, Exit 9 summerfield rd...Lots of kids stuff to do their, Water slide ,pond ect...It's a bit close to the road for me but to keep kids busy it's a good spot....Have a great summer and be safe..
    LOWE LIFE......

Huntin711 Guest

Default Thanks !!

Thanks for the reply Lowe life I really appriciate your opinion. And the next time at Turtle Creek I wwill stop by and say hi if thats alright with you. Going up this Saturday, going with Skipper 9. Really looking forward to seeing my two boys cathing fish. Hope the weather holds up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New member

Hey everyone, Thanks for all of the great information on fishing the western basin. I came across this site a few weeks ago and have been checking it every day. Finally got to go out Monday June 21st. Left out of Catawba State Park with intentions of heading to the east side of Kelly's. Should have stuck with the plans. We stopped short of the west side of Kelly's. With slow bites and waves getting higher we headed toward Camp Perry. Only 3 fish in five hours - 2 Perch and white bass. Luckily 2 of the fish were caught by my 3 year old son on his first trip to lake erie.

Post Thanks / Like

Cant wait to get those four kids of yours on the fish saturday morning.. I am really looking forward to the trip.. Love to watch kids catching fish after fish.. jandjfishingcharters.com. Capt jim.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Huntin 711

I won't be up their on sat, I have a cookout to go to in swanton...I will be up their on sunday if your still around....I hope you get on some fish nothing better then seeing you kids catching fish...That's the kind of stuff they will always remember...Good luck and be safe and mabey I'll see you sunday...