Leamington / Colchester Walleye? Leamington / Colchester Walleye? Leamington / Colchester Walleye? Leamington / Colchester Walleye?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    eyefreak Guest

Default Leamington / Colchester Walleye?

Good morning all,

Has anyone fished the North Shore of Erie? I have been out three times from Leamington to Colchester and have not landed a single fish. I am planning to try Pelee Island later this week.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little early for Pelee

Eyefreak,

It's probably a littel early for consistent walleye around pelee island. If you do go, try the east side just south of the light house about quarter mile fairly close to shore. You will see a sand/boilder point that sticks out in the water (depending on water level). The south side of this point for about 300 yards is good for trolling and drifting in the morning and evening (especially evening). In the afternoon, try the shipping channel north east of Scudder's in about 30-40 fow. Another decent area is south of west dock to mosquito bay, although the smallies are probabaly in there right now. These are a couple areas I have done pretty good in. If you are on the east side of the island around June 26th, look for the little cottage with the redish orange shingled roof and wave. I will be up there for a few days. Good luck and let me know how you do.

eyefreak Guest

Smile

Peleebound,

Thanks for the info. I fished for a couple of hours in Leamington just east of the big tomatoe on 32-34 FOW. Trolling with bouncers and ornange/brown harnesses. Landed only 3 fish (1 was 26" long) in a few hours but I'm a happy man beacause it's my first catch for the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pelee walleye

Glad you caught some fish. I went out Tuesday and didn't catch a one. The walleye around Pelee have always been quality fish. I can't rememeber catching a small one. They usually start at 24in. and go up. Can't wait to get up there through July. That's when its the best.