The spoon bite is on! The spoon bite is on! The spoon bite is on! The spoon bite is on!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The spoon bite is on!

One of my fishing buddies took the kids out trolling last night and got 12. I went out tonight and got 16 in just a few hours. Went out of Anchor pointe in 25fow,trolled toward West Sister 2.0 mph,55feet back on 40s,45feet back on dipsey's. Also caught a 1/2 dozen throw backs plus a dozen white perch and sheephead.

Falcon2082 Guest

That is good to hear. I fished Fri and Sun over Memorial Day weekend and the bite was not great but did improve over the 2 days. I was figuring it was just a matter of time before things improved. Seemed to be alot of fish in the area. We did catch a lot of junk on Sunday which made for a lot of "work". Hopeing to get out Saturday.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Great Job, Have you tried shorter leads? We have been doing very well 25 to 33 back on a 40 jet with a michigan stinger mostly with some type of orange on it.. We have been averaging 35 to 48 fish per trip since friday with a dozen or so throw backs.. our 45 leads have been hitting but only 2 fish per hour. Where the shorter leads are about 5 fish per hour. Good Luck.. Capt Jim jandjfishingcharters.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Heading out on Saturday and will try to duplicate some of your efforts

FISHMAN

Post Thanks / Like

Looking back at first post. speed we have been keeping it between 2.2 and 2.5. rule of thumb. catching junk fish going too slow. speed up..

Post Thanks / Like

went to the same area last night. only got one. we fished mini disks back 50-90 in 25 fow. think we might be going a little slow and now maybe to deep. Gonna try again tom. i'll try some of these and let you know how we do. Ffished alot of purple and pink like cranberrry muffin, purple ice, etc.. Purple ice worked well for us last sun. north of niagara reef. If no luck on Gravel pit may try there.

Post Thanks / Like

Might hit this area again tom. ( weather permitting). Will post report if we go.