Kelly N.E. /Marlbehead Report 5-24 to29 REPORT Kelly N.E. /Marlbehead Report 5-24 to29 REPORT Kelly N.E. /Marlbehead Report 5-24 to29 REPORT Kelly N.E. /Marlbehead Report 5-24 to29 REPORT

Default Kelly N.E. /Marlbehead Report 5-24 to29 REPORT

Fished Marblehead Sun eve 9 to 12pm 3 fish 26" then a F.O. 31 3/4 and another 27" Mon.Started at marblehead litehouse 5 am to 730 am got 3- 22,26,27 1/2 on Bill Norman DEEP N trolling 11ft Yellow red bottom.Off to Gull Shoal 730am .Flat lake got 3- 22,25,24 trolling harnesses 20 ft deep in 52 fow purple blades 1.7 speed they quit at 11am went in.Tuesday Back to Marblehead 5am with Katy J 2 drifted 25ft shelf Several fish on lost 2 pigs at the boat several halfway in.Many Sheep heads. Off to Kelly NE. at 630 amTues.Harneses and spoons till 2pm and NOTHING. Some were 1 here and 1 there.Wed 4am Back to lighthouse 5 fish all 24 to 27" trolling Bill norman`s and hot-N-Tots purple Tiger 11 fow bumping the bottom.7am they quit. Off to N.E. Kelly harnesses spoons till noon and nothing.Thursday Light house 3 am till 730 nothing.off to kelly till 2 pm and nothing.Friday night 9pm marblhead drifted 25 ft lots of marks no takers trolled and drifted harnesses.11pm went in to 11-13ft trolling purple wiggle warts got 3 fish 22",25, and miss piggy 28 3/4. quit at 1am. Wife and I both got F.O.`s this trip as usual she dipped in and got the TROPHY !!! He he he !21 for the trip including the biggest yellow belly I`ve ever seen 26" hit a harness 15 ft down in 42 fow.Hmmm??? The weather was Just Fantastic.I Did get the pleasure of meeting up with Harley Dan 1956 and WPM-Katy J Both Great Guys Enjoyed Chatting and fishing with them.Got to meet them both.Maybe we can do it again soon .It`s Walley for dinner tonight.Have a great day and hope that its FISH ON for the ones that go today !!! High Drifter Rick and Drifter Girl Judy
    Attached Images
    Last edited by high drifter; 05-31-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Default Kellys & Perrys Monument

Fished Sat. East of Kellys by the green can, nothing. Went North to group of boats, nothing. Using bottom bouncers, good drift, no fish. Come to find out we were fishing to deep, for Sunday we started fishing the 10 count and catching the eyes. First went to West reef north of North bass, nothing went around south of Perrys Monument and picked up 7 eyes in several hours. Got hammer by our wives to come in, so we were slaves, got to keep every one happy.

Blog Entries

Default High eyes

They were high all I got was sheep- never gave it a thought to go high-seems like thats the way its been the past weeks, did alot of hearding on Sat. Come Sunday at 7am water was up to crank pulley at marina- cable boot tour. Down for a while. Perch were decent at Lakeside and Lite house Fri& Saturday after I gave up the troll. Fish on- Somthin Fishy

Default Eyes

Hey Rebel-1 - Were you casting weight forwards or just worm harnesses for your 10 count? Also, what size weight? I'm heading back up taking my Dad this upcoming Sat/Sun and want to make sure I get him some fish. I was thinking of hitting either the area's North of Kelly's or make the trek over towards Rattlesnake area and fish West of there and sounds like bottom bouncers aren't doing it and I'll need to cast... How deep of water were you fishing on the East side of South Bass (south of the Monument?) Were you fishing the reefs there south of Starve or north of that area?

Default Last week-end

jkr,

We were using tiger strip harnesses, or green, with 1/2 or 5/8 oz. weight. We were south east of the Perrys Monument. We were in 28 to 30 fow and when we hit 24 to 26 fow, no fish, so we made another drift. I have no gps (will have next year) but we lined up with the monument and the NE tip of Kellys. The wind was coming from the SE on Sunday. Hope this helps.

fish are all high.. we did real well sat,sun and great mon.. trolling 40 jets at 30 ft back of big boards.. monday was 48 fish by 11:30.. with 18 throwbacks.. its only getting better..
    oh yea any color michigan stinger spoon.. not the small scorpions... clients were real happy.. sure beats thursdays trip of two fish... all the fish were taken between green island and niagra.. good luck jandjfishingcharters.com Capt jim..