5/29 and 5/30 report 5/29 and 5/30 report 5/29 and 5/30 report 5/29 and 5/30 report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 5/29 and 5/30 report

5/29: 2 men fished the evening bite at scott shoal from 5:30 till 9:30 trolling hammered gold harnesses behind dipsys and took 9 walleye. Fished on 5/30 started at 6:30 a.m. same area and took a couple of walleye but it was slow, moved to west of green a couple of miles and took 6 more still trolling harnesses. Fish were much smaller(18 to 20 inches) than the 24 we caught earlier in the week that were mostly 24 to 27 inches. We only fished 4 rods flatlined with dipsys #1 w/ 3 setting on the outsides back 35 ft and size 0 w/ a 1 setting back 30ft on the insides. A few were caught on chartreuse but most on the hammered gold # 5 colorado blade.

Also had heard some time back about how helpful it is to bleed your fish right after you catch them and let me tell you, I am a believer! WOW what a difference it made when I cleaned the fish. The meat was much whiter and there was hardly any mess on the fillet table. Just cut at the throat drop in a 5 gallon bucket for a couple of minutes then put on ice, I will now bleed all my walleye! I can't wait to taste the difference.
    Last edited by Eyezcrazy; 05-30-2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: added info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bleeding Walleye...

Instead of cutting the throat and throwing in 5 gal bucket, just take a pair of wire snips and when putting in your livewell, snip one of the gills and drop in your livewell. They will bleed out in your livewell but stay alive for a long time and the meat comes out white and clean...