Kelley's 5-25 Kelley's 5-25 Kelley's 5-25 Kelley's 5-25

Thread: Kelley's 5-25

Default Kelley's 5-25

Fished the east side again 4 walleyes in the first hour then 2 more the rest of the day, i'm ready to take a break. Saw some charters in the area any they didn't limit and I didn't see them pull many fish.

Default limit 5/25

Penalty box, we got a 3 man limit today south of starve and between mouse reef and South bass. We trolled dipsy's and jets behind gold harnesses. Tried spoons, little rippers and a few different colored harnesses but hammered gold was by far the color. We fished the break at the reefs and stayed in the deep areas between the bumps for success. Most of our fish were in the 15 to 20 ft column. The dipsy's were #1 with 3 setting at 45ft and mini's at a #1 setting at 65ft. Jets were 40's at 85 ft back.

We seemed to do better than others because when we hit a pocket of fish we kept circleing back until they went dry then moved to the next pocket.

We are going back out in the am. Good luck!
    Last edited by Eyezcrazy; 05-26-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Fished the islands this weekend and limited every day. Trolled the new TRU TRIP jets with spoons and also did some worms as well. Big fish was 28" a lot of 22-24 inchers on saturday. Friday's fish were 18-20" These new TRU TRIP(50) Are incredible. What a difference they make.

Default Island fishing

Gloomis - did you limit out over near Kellys or were you fishing West of the other islands (over by Rattlesnake)? Trolling these Tru-Tips, were you putting your spoons about 15' deep or so? I'm going to try dipsey's and jets this weekend - taking my dad out for his first trip up there since the 1980s... My boat is at Marine City on Marblehead so I usually fish N of Kelly's but will go wherever the fish are! Gotta get him some fish this weekend - hopefully get him a Fish Ohio too!

Default going back Saturday

JKR...we found more fish West of the islands last weekend. I plan to be back out there this Saturday if the weather holds out........I hope the mayfly hatch isn't slowing the fishing too much yet. I leave my radio on scan so feel free to give me a shout and I can let you know if we are on them.