Fishing Saturday Fishing Saturday Fishing Saturday Fishing Saturday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Saturday

I am heading out of Toledo Beach Marina on Saturday to hopefully bag some walleye. Going to be trolling (likely jr. thundersticks probably a little early for spoons). I would appreciate any reports on where the fishing has been good. Hopefully mother nature cooperates because i have the fever.

FISHMAN

Post Thanks / Like

Default Color/Feet back?

Hey Fishman, I've got a bunch of Jr. Thundersticks,but it's been a years since i've used them. We used to use the Jr.s right after the jig season was done,then switch to wiggle warts as the water temp. rose. When we fished north of Turtle Island, I think we used to fish the wiggle warts around 37fb@ around 1.6mph in 13-15fow. What would you think a good starting setup would be for the Jr.s and what colors would you start with? I've been trolling jets and spoons more east the last few years, crane creek,the gravel pit and west sister. If we get west winds this weekend, i might troll in front of Luna Peir just to try something different. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I usually troll jr. thundersticks in the spring and switch to spoons with jets in the summer. I heard reports that the fishing has been good in the luna pier/dumping grounds area. I troll with big boards and depending on depth adjust the length accordingly...on April 16th this year we were hitting them on chartreuse 100ft back. I also used to use wiggle warts but seemingly the last few years they have been collecting dust. Will be on 68 Fishing Machine is the name

Post Thanks / Like

Default tried everything today

Hey Prkr314 we tried everything today also and only caught 2 eyes. Fished the pack near Niagra, drifted bouncers and harnesses, trolled dipseys and jets with harnesses, little rippers, reefrunners. Moved to West of the islands and trolled a circle around Green, lots of great fish marks just no takers. I have a feeling they were still stired up from the big blow.
    I wish I could have stayed to fish Sunday, I'll bet they are going to fire up soon!
    Last edited by Eyezcrazy; 05-15-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry What happened???????

Those no good Northeast winds. Keep a log. I think you will find a pattern. I did. I hate em.

Walleye WCKR 2 Guest

Jig-

Don't use the wind as an excuse. It can get a little tough on the East/NE winds but they still eat. Do you eat when the wind blows that direction? Think about it, maybe you are just a poor fisherman and can't catch them when they aren't sitting in front of the power plant in 8 feet of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Wackr hates life

Do you just hate your life or have you been an ass since the day you were born? You disrespect others on this site constantly over grammer or spelling and now their fishing abilities. Let me just say, I have received more useful information from Jig than I have EVER seen you post.

I sure hope my spelling is correct.

Post Thanks / Like

What a dumbass, he asked if you eat when the wind blows from the east.....Makes you wonder if this pud wacker has ever seen lake erie....or fished it, by the comments Ive seen walleye whacker 2 make, I think hes a little boy who just figured out he can piss people off by makin comments and wasting space. This site is for the sharing of information by and for people who #1 respect themselves #2 respect the sport fishing on L.Erie and #3 respect others and YOU whacker dont do any of those things, thats sad. So get off our site *******

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishman View Post
    I am heading out of Toledo Beach Marina on Saturday to hopefully bag some walleye. Going to be trolling (likely jr. thundersticks probably a little early for spoons). I would appreciate any reports on where the fishing has been good. Hopefully mother nature cooperates because i have the fever.

FISHMAN
    We have been fishing spoons and doing very well on them when the darn wind isnt blowing 30 mph. I think you'll be suprised if you try them right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report from Saturday

Fished on Saturday May 15. 3 man limit 22-23 ft of water straight out from Toledo Beach Marina. Trolled spoons on #20 jet divers 120ft back. The best spoons were a bronze and black polka dot and pearly white spoon. The average size was about 3lbs.