New to trolling New to trolling New to trolling New to trolling
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to trolling

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to trolling

Hey guys! I hope to get some tips or suggestions on equipment and gear. I have some stuff 2 trolling rods w/counter reels 2 planer boards (church) my question is im coming up in a few weeks and ill be buying 2 more boards does anyone have a big prefference on a different brand or stay with what i have. I have so much to learn but only get to go up a couple of times a year not sure where to go from here as far as adding more equipment anything will help !

Post Thanks / Like

buy two dipsey divers and run one off of each side of the boat. Size #1. Very easy to use and very effective. Get some jet divers also.

Post Thanks / Like

Your boards will work fine for trolling. I use the Offshore inline boards. If you are trolling crank baits like reef runners you can troll two boards off each side and one more off each side straight off the back (flat line with no board) giving you three off each side. If you're pulling harnesses or spoons you can use inline weights 1oz, 2oz etc.. to get the bait down or I like to run the harnesses and spoons behind jet divers. The jet divers float and dive like a lure so they dont sink on the inside turns or if you have to slow down. Plus they can act as an added actractant.

Most important, mark fish and make sure and get the bait at the proper depth. Maybe run a mix of harnesses, cranks, and spoons to find out what they want and then adjust accordingly. I am still learning myself...just stay with it and don't be afraid to change up your game until you get em.