kellys kellys kellys kellys
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: kellys

mastroller Guest

Default kellys

anyone catchin walleye around kellys or over by starve island? would love to know. im goin up this weekend to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kellys action

I went up last Friday and talked to a guy that was checking in his 13lb walleye at the bait shop. He limited out slow trolling 2 oz inline weights with pink worm harnesses and antifreeze color just north of Kelly's (35-42 fow). 1.0 mph, 65ft back... Saw all his fish and they were all big. Report back and let me know how you do. I won't make it back up until May 14th but plan to fish this same area...
    Last edited by jkr; 05-05-2010 at 01:15 PM.

mastroller Guest

ill let you know if i can get out. the weather isnt looking too good for the weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kellys

jkr,

That is good to know around Kellys. I dock at Gem Beach and went NW of Green on last Sat. and caught an 8 lb. er...early and about noon went to David Bessie and caught sheep head and white bass. Lot of boats no action at that time. I will be back up the 14th and will check out north of Kelleys if the eyes are still there. and trolling....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going up Thursday

I am going up Thursday to fish this area. unfortunately, I am not set up to slow troll yet, but I will post any good results. Gonna try drifting bottom bouncers and see what happens. Any advice would be appreciated. I am still learning this method.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kelly's

Hey Rebel-1 - I probably saw you Sat. I too started Sat am just North of Green and trolled towards Rattlesnake and then West. Only picked up 2 walleye. We were fishing by 5:40am. Only 1 other boat out there. I ended up moving over to North of Kelly's and trolled - picked up only 1 more. About 3pm, decided to drift as the wind was good. We picked up 8 more in about 3 hours drifting 2oz bottom bouncers. Red was our best color but Pink/Purple worked too... Give me a shout on Channel 68 next Sat. I'm in a Green Lund Grand Baron - "Eye-Catcher" on the back... Good luck.

Peelebound - you should catch fish - try fishing on the West side of Middle Island. We picked up some fish here real close to the Canadian border... Report back and let us know.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kellys

jkr,

Was planning on going up this week-end but saw the marine forecast of 9 to 12 ft. waves and decided to go turkey hunting. I will be up next Fri. Sat. and Sunday morning. Will give you a shout on 68. Fish ON.

Rebel-1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bust

Thursday was a bust for me. Wind was a little more than predicted and I only made it as far as the light house. Ended up perch fishing with a little success but nothing to brag about. I need a bigger boat!!!! Keep the Kelly's reports coming. I like fishing this area. Good Luck all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kellys area

Rebel-1 and Peleebound - I'm heading up and should be North of Kelly's fishing by 6:30pm friday and will be out by 5:30am Sat. Give me a shout so we can compare notes... Eye Catcher is our boat name (Big Green Lund if you see me out there)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hope to be out Friday also in same area- Kellys west and north of bird. I run on 68 and go by SomThin Fishy, 24' blue thompson. Plan on fishing Fri, sat & sunday. Like to meet up or make phone contact with some of you guys that fish this area also- Ron