kellys kellys kellys kellys
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: kellys

Recking Crew Guest

You guys find them on Saturday, will not get out till Sunday-have to take son to Newark for AAU basketball tourney. Will be listening to chatter on 68 and will help you guys catch them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default So how did everyone do around Kellys???

I never heard Rebel-1, Somethin Fishy, BizWiz, etc.. on the radio so not sure if you guys made it up. I fished the area we talked about (NW of Kellys) and it was slow on Sat. We managed 11 eyes Sat - most drift fishing harnesses and 2 oz bottom bouncers with 2 of those caught trolling (1 on harness and 1 on little ripper). Fish from 6am - 5pm - long day of fishing for only 11 walleye. Funny thing though, out of 4 guys fishing, 1 guy caught 9 of the fish - very strange. 1 guy caught nothing but sheepheads and not a single walleye. How did the rest of you do? Saw lots of boats fishing the East side of Kelly's - not sure if they caught much though...

mastroller Guest

i heard there was a early bite on the east side of kellys and then it was slow after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kelly's on sat

Yea - bite was better when the wind was coming from the West Sat am. Then, got sunny and calm and trollers were out but was still somewhat slow. Heard on the radio "Shelly" was doing ok - I think her boat got 11 or so all trolling spoons I believe. About 3pm, wind shifted out of the east and waves picked back up. Only caught 1 more with the eastern wind...

Post Thanks / Like

JKR, I only got to fish Friday around Niagra and west of the islands it was very slow. I called for the Walleye.com group on the radio as well and didn't get any response.

Your guy that caught most of the fish might have been using a different line, I have noticed I catch more fish with clear mono line. My Rods rigged with a tinted line never seem to produce as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kellys

EyeCrazy - I heard they were killing the walleye over there North of Niagra all the way to Canadian line on Saturday. Were you fishing the reef or north of Niagra in deeper water? Also, I was the one catching the fish Sat and I was using fireline while the others were using mono - doesn't make sense to me! Although all of us were using the same type of worm harnesses with same leader's (about 3 ft leaders on mono).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eyezcrazy

Did you ever try fire line tied with a fluorocarbon leader at the end? You get the best of both lines, little to no stretch fireline and a clear leader to get more hits. I have been fishing this way for about 2 years, I think it helps.
    I'm coming up June 3-6 hope to see you up there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Somthin Fishy

Was out on east, south, and west kellys. long days, nice weather for a change- but not alot of keepers. Had alot of large sheep head and W Bass. Going to try again this Fri, Sat and Sun. Probablly same areas, different tactics- speed, colors and crew- Anybody from here out there, send a shout out on 68 and I'll report all i can to get on fish- Ron

Post Thanks / Like

jkr....we fished the 22 fow range just off the reef and only took 2 then we fished 30 fow west of Middle Bass where there were awesome marks but no takers. I thought they might be turned on by Saturday.

Eyecrazy.... I will have to try out the fire line with a mono or flurocarbon leader, I've never used the fire line.

Do you think people realize the subtile difference in our user names?

Post Thanks / Like

Eyezcrazy some people might, I'm sure one will .
    Anyway I tie a leader about 5 feet long the nice thing about this is you can feel the slightest bites and when hung up (if you use a lighter test leader line than fireline) you only lose 5 feet of line.
    By the way when I come up I' be in East harbor state park if weather permitting. I have a 246 mile drive one way.