Harbor Light Harbor Light Harbor Light Harbor Light
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harbor Light

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harbor Light

I tryed yesterday night between Turtle Island and the Harobr Light...Went out at 6 and ended up getting 13 total....Not to bad considering the water in very muddy.....We were about 1 mile from the lighthouse between turtle in 9-11 fow...We were using Purple and green jigs just vertical jigging no minnows... I went out of Turtle Creek the other day and got 3 by myself..It was SLOW going...took 3 hrs to get 3 fish.... Went 4 mile's straight out in front of the creek in 12-14 FOW same jigs with minnows..Wasn't what I had hoped it would be...I have done better up their before I just coulden't find them...Water out that way was alot cleaner then the water by the lighthouse...Gonna give it a try again tonight and see if we can boat some more fish...I'll keep you POSTED!!!! Good Luck and be safe....O yeah and I did out fish everyone on the boat for the 8th straight time...Their getting pissed at me!!! LOL... But I do catch the fish!!!!
    LOWE LIFE...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowe Life must have big freezer or lots of kids

Hey Lowe Life Its awsome that you have the time and ability to fish that much and catch that many fish, count must be in the 100s by now. How can one consume that much fish??? Ya Think maybe you might be harvesting too many???? Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowe

Lowe, good to hear eye's are still close, and your knowledge is greatly appreciated. We fished on the Spack'ln Eye along the d besse and turtle creek in12-14fow took 6 fish, all on purple no minnow.Heading out early friday,same area maybe a little deeper . Will call on ch. 68 good luck thanks for your input.

BizWiz516 Guest

I agree with tinker!! But i think it's all smoke and mirrors!! I still think LOWE is the WHACKER is his real life. The type and speak the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Default stop your whining

Hi lowe, I dont get it? first the guys are pissed because you dont post what your using or where you went. You took the time @ $ to figure out all this stuff. Now there whining you catch to many fish, whats the difference if you catch 6 fish every other day, or the charters bring in 50 plus twice a day, thats one boat!! So you spill your guts, tell them what your using what color how deep your fishing. I hope you dont get to pissed off and quit posting, the few morons out there arent werth it. Its guys like you that gives guys like me a heads up on things. Im comming out, staying at lamberjacks the 7-13th of may. Do you think we will catch the tail end of jig season, or will it be harness time? Tight lines to everyone PAP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Isn' t this a fishing forum/report?

Why not post what's going on? I like seeing what's hot when i don't get a chance to go out for a couple days. I've been fishing the area west of the reefs for the last 25 years, latley 4 times a week. Anybody thats been fishing this end of the lake knows that the days of driving a mile off shore and limiting in an hour comes to an end soon and driving 12 miles north and spending all day to get limits is only weeks away. I remember the days of just looking for the pack of boats or where the charters are going was the only way of knowing where the fish are supposed to be. That didn't tell you what the hot color was or which lure was best that day....trial and error was the way to find out if you haven't been out since the week before. So far this year has been the best year i can remember...been in the water since the 27th of Mar. caught limits almost every trip,threw back fish on a lot of trips,gave fish to all my old timer fishing buddies and anybody that doesn't get the chance to fish as much as i do.....keep fishing...keep postin...it's a fishing forum!

Post Thanks / Like

Lowe,

Your reports are great for those who do not get to fish nearly as much as we like. Anytime that I am planning a trip out I review these posts and ask for any assistance. I always post within a day or two my results in detail. Thanks Lowe and do not let the prior posts rub you the wrong way

FISHMAN

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing

Tinkertoy...I do go out in this early season and yes I do take alot of fish...But here's the thing,This is the only time if year I fish for walleye..I put as many fish in the freeezer as I can cause I don't fish for them any other time of year...When Jigging is done that's it for me!!! And I do give alot of fish away,and have some big fish fry's....I try and post what's going on to help out those who can't do it everyday...That's what this site is about right???I mean I could just post the number's and that's it,but that would help NO ONE out...I did that once on acciden't and heard all about the POST...I swore off posting for a while, but that don't help the guy's like PRKR.PAP and BIZWIZ who are all good fisherman...Some time's I look to see where the fish are at up at the cottage cause I don't get up their as much as I'd like to...Any INFO helps...But only if you use it...I like it when people I don't even know send me a message saying THANKS you helped me out alot...It kinda make's me feel good....So that's it...
    As far as "THE WACKER" goes IT IS NOT ME!!!!!! I don't know him and never heard of him...This is the first year on this site for me...
    Sorry guys I'm the LOWE LIFE....
    Good luck and be safe!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My thanks to LOWE LIFE.....Im in Mansfield and fish the weekends usually out of catawba except when the jig west is on in the spring...Beside the weather sites for conditions I really do use the info I read here, at least for ballparking the bite...the rest is fishing...I know there are fish on the reefs yet dialing them in with bait color, coordinates, time of day, where can u get bait, etc,etc helps turn a 1:45 min drive to wild wings towing a boat a little easier. So, please continue to post it is appreciated and used. PS. I would expect someone who sleeps in a cabin on the waters edge and fishes 3 times a week to be more successful, if your take of walleye was a detriment to the walleye population then our bag limits would be reduced to 2/day, so dont pay attention to crazy comments like your overfishing.
    Last edited by EmSh; 04-30-2010 at 10:44 AM. Reason: finalized thought

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glad to see a positive note in favor of LOWE

I, love to fish for walleyes,but I only get one week a year. We have place on Onterio but trust me it aint nothing like Erie. My uncles,my dad and I would go to canada. The last trip for dad, dieing of cancer we went to that ******* country Canada! they treated us like criminals detained for 3hrs they all can go to hell as far as im concerned! So I took the bull by the horns and said lets go to Erie, we allways talked about it. Lets do it! Some how we hooked up with lamberjacks, The nicest people. The locals are great also everybody seemed to share info,equipment,whatever. So I got 6 guys together and we went. One guy was 89-70-68 and so on me 45. the old coots had a blast and so did I. Out there is where I learned about this site to use for futuer referances. So when I got home I told were we were what we were using you know the usuall stuff,But I made a mistake by saying after our limit was caught, we would catch and release the rest of the day.WELL you would of thought I was red headed step child, the boys beat me right into the dirt and then some,So I SWORE on my dads grave I NEVER would post on here again. Untill I saw LOWE taking the same punches I did, that PISSED me off