At What Water Temp do you go from jiggin to casting for walleye? At What Water Temp do you go from jiggin to casting for walleye? At What Water Temp do you go from jiggin to casting for walleye? At What Water Temp do you go from jiggin to casting for walleye?
    waterdog Guest

Default At What Water Temp do you go from jiggin to casting for walleye?

Just need some info on what is the best time to switch from jiggin with a minnow to casting with a worm?
    ~~~~~ anyone know~~~~~?

BizWiz516 Guest

I agree. May will start the worm harness for me. We usually drift fish for the next 2 months.

Default Trolling

started trolling in maumee bay last week pulling harnesses and did got are limit

waterdog Guest

Default water temp jig vs spiners

Any updates on the change over?

was on put in bay all last week with 16 guys from ny we ended up with 240 walleyes all caught trolling reef runners and harnesses off bottom bouncers between sbi and rattlesnake and we fished between nbi and the canadian line when the weather permitted our best reefrunners were wildthing and the blue headed wonderbread we tipped 1 of the back hooks with a 1 in peice of worm about 50 percent of the time either way we caught fish.

Default how do you troll bottom bouncers

Question, you said you caught your fish trolling reefrunners and harnesses on bottom bouncers, I have drifted the bottom bouncers and would liken to know how you set them up to troll. I thought the reefrunners were self diving, are you saying you some how use them with bottom bouncers too? 240 fish is impressive even with that many guys and fishing all week.....good job!

we ran our harnesses on the bottom bouncers 6 ft of leader off of a 2 oz bottom bouncer trolled any where from 40 to a 100 ft back at 1.3-1.7 mph, either flat lined or off the boards. and for the reef runners 80 to 135 ft back (800 series) off my big boards that was pretty much the program for all 5 boats we had with us. one other thing that might sound a little strange we used toilet bowl floats also. heres how we used them. you go buy 2 floats paint them orange and then drill a 1/8 in hole across the stem where they screw on to the rod in the toilet bowl, and then insert a large snap swivel in to the threaded stem hole and put a small cotter pin thru the hole you drilled in the stem after you get the swivel on attach a snap ring clip to the swivel. then you let out your bottom bouncer to your desired distance back and clip the float on to the line and let it back as far as you want. we will run 2 and stagger them about 30-40 feet apart. the object of the float is to keep your line centered behind the boat and it also acts like a bobber of sorts. we caught about half of our fish on the harnesses using this set up.
    Last edited by fishkiller16; 05-10-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Sounds like I have a lot to learn!

65-70 is usually the norm. Erie is a little different, I have started earlier just slowed things down a little.