Radar bouy again Radar bouy again Radar bouy again Radar bouy again
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Radar bouy again

I had my 4 in about 20 minutes or so...Ended up with 7 total...Fish shut of about 8 when the wind started to pick up...Doing it again tommrow

daylight inthe swamp Guest

Default Radar buoy??Wild wings??

Hey guys, I am a new member so bear with me as I learn to navigate the site!! I see alot of chatter about wild wings and the radar buoy...wondering if anyone can help me with the locations of these areas?? thanks..looking forward to a great summer!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Definitions

The radar bour is located on the east side of the Toledo Shipping Channel. South of the lighthouse. It is white and green and looks like a nuclear missle sticking out of the water.

Wild Wings-- Is a Marina located on Rt. 2 just west of Davis Besse Power plant. It is the closest to the reef complex (minimally closer). Launch ramps are also available at Fenwicks, Turtle Creek, and Lamberjacks. I would recommend Lamberjacks or Turtle Creek due to the heavy use at Fenwicks.

On a side note. Make sure you are compliant with all safety items on your boat. The watercraft safety officer has been working the area hard. The ticket will be more than the cost to be be compliant.

Throwable Life ring or other devise
    Life Vests
    Horn, whistle, best possible
    Flares (Not expired)
    Fire Extingisher (not expired)
    Distress Flag

Good Luck and Good Fishing (it's been awesome)

daylight inthe swamp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by daylight inthe swamp View Post
    Hey guys, I am a new member so bear with me as I learn to navigate the site!! I see alot of chatter about wild wings and the radar buoy...wondering if anyone can help me with the locations of these areas?? thanks..looking forward to a great summer!!
    Thanks to jiginitis69-I appreciate the info...will make sure the safety equipment is in order!! Be out there on Saturday...1st trip of the season!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wlid Wings

If you get hungry WILD WINGS also has some awsome food and cold beer...We eat their every time we got to the cottage..We'll got up for the night and not take any food just go to WW for dinner and the Breakfast is excelent too....If they have the French Dip TRY IT sooooo good...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Radar bouy / Toledo Area

Jiginitis69. I am heading to the lake from Indiana this weekend and I'm looking for some protection from the big waves around the reefs on Saturday so I would like to find this radar bouy area. Can you elaborate just a little more as to where the lighthouse is and what marina would be best to launch from to get to this area? A land reference would be great. Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Jignitis

You might be talking about two different spots. The radar bouy and light house are on the toledo ship channel. People are fishing the humps between turtle island and the light house just west of the shipping channel. Some are fishing east-N east of the green and white radar bouy (closer in than the light house) Cullen park acess ramp off summit st. is where most of those people launch. The reefs are many miles east from there. you would have to launch from turtle creek or fenwick or WW. good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Turtle Creek

If you want to stay out of the big waves head out of turtle Creek you can fish half a mile out up to a mile and still be successful at getting some fish...I'm heading up to the cottage tommrow morning to give it a shot I post my results like I alwayse do....Heading out right now to try out Between the harbor Light and Little cedar point ...