Fishing Partner Fishing Partner Fishing Partner Fishing Partner
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fishing Partner

MaumeeRiverGuy Guest

Default Fishing Partner

Anyone fishing Crane Creek or Camp Perry this weekend? I'm coming up from CBus and my fishing partner from Perrysburg can't go. I'm looking for someone to tag along with to be safe.

jayshow Guest

Question

I live in cbus to and and have two buddies fishing off crane today ,they only pulled four yesterday and there is open water five miles out.Lots of water on the ice from the snow melt also.Got a call coming at three today from these guys on how things went today.I have a atv with a small trailer.Maybe you can check back later if things are a go.

MaumeeRiverGuy Guest

Default Thanks

I'll check back later. Would love to go, you can PM me if you'd like.

jayshow Guest

Thumbs down

My three pm call came early today ,my buddies did not go out at crane.Airboats are breaking thru on the main trail,3 cracks opened up overnight and a 4-wheeler went thru late thursday afternoon.Think I'll go to cabelas in dundee saturday.Good luck if you go.

MaumeeRiverGuy Guest

Default Won't be going.

May try farm ponds here in CBus. Might be time to start getting the boat ready.

Thanks Again

Post Thanks / Like

Yep i think its time to get working on the boat ...the river run will be on soon...and then its time to hit the big water on the lake...cant wait for both..

Post Thanks / Like

Default crane creek

went out to crane creek this weekend fish fri sat sun. friday was a little slow but sat and sun it was on got my 6 all three days it was a blast. I think the jay show got a falts report from his buddys no air boat broke through and the cracks didnt open it was a beutiful day all three days and all 300 people got off and on safe. Hopfuly the ice will hold for another great weekend but it sure wont take much south wind to blow it out. The ice was 7 to 10 inches i did find a spot that was at lest 2 ft thick but i think a ice chunk got pushed under the ice almost ran out of auger. good luck to all and be safe out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thanks for clearing that up 7

I fished Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur/Sat/Sun out of Magee Marsh/Crane Creek. There are allot of false reports. I do not know the ice conditions as of today because frankly "I'm exhuasted",. There is a place or 2 where there is 3"'s of ice but it is around the big ice jams and don't bother there. There is an unlimited amount of flow ice under them. Drilled 5 holes and never got through the jam. My only problem is I have an ATV and 3"'s of wet snow will create some slushy spots. I will leave it to the younger crowd to dig out and create a new trail. See ya Wed at Crane Creek/Magee Marsh.

Pressure Cracks---- 3 total (widest 4" OH MY?)

Go around slushy areas

DO NOT FOLLOW AIRBOAT TRAILS!!!!!!!

Good Luck and Good Fishing

My buddy just sent a pic I'll post. Nice fishies

jayshow Guest

thanks for the update guys.my x-buddies reported what they saw and got spooked.I wish now that I made the 2-1/2 hour drive up there.they were on the ice thursday and I posted what they told me ,didn't mean to screw up anybody's weekend.