Brest Bay Brest Bay Brest Bay Brest Bay
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Brest Bay

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brest Bay

Brest Bay has been producing on a hit or miss scenario. The bite has been from 5:00 till 10:00. Ice conditions are good. The main sheet has 10+" and the newer ice over 18.5' FOW is 6".

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Great lookin winter 'eyes

Geat look 'eyes. EVERYBODY, send in more pics of your catch. Makes us all want to be out there!!

walleye junky Guest

was that 5pm till 10pm,thinking about going this weekend,staying away from ohio water this year after what happened last year,are guys able to get to the point thanks

gatorman841 Guest

Fished the bay mon morning from 630am till about 1pm caught 2 eyes 22" and 25" one came on a firetiger jiggin rap and other on glow jiggin spoon bite was very slow and they didnt hit very hard at all. I just wanted to comment on the post of 10" of ice im sorry but i didnt see 10" of ice anywhere unless ur in 4 fow at 18 fow where we fished there was maybe 5" of ice with pry 1.5" of snow/slush on top, drilled a hole 10yds away to put up a tip up and there was only 4" of ice i talkd to quite a few ppl and seen posts where they are sayn there is all this ice well i didnt see it and the ice in 18fow dosent look the best it will got from the 6 or 5" (including slush/snow) to 3" with 10feet of you so please use cation and I DO NOT recomment anyone taking a sled or quad that far out unless a walleye is worth risking ur life for

gatorman841 Guest

Default ice thickness???

Be careful on the ice guys on brest bay there isnt 10" of ice ANYWHERE in the bay unless ur in 4fow!!!! Some idiots are driven quads n sleds out and its only going to be a metter of time before someone falls through. We had roughly 6" of ice in 18fow yesterday off stoney pt in brest bay but with that 6" of ice 2" of it is slush n snow on top. It goes from 6" to 3" in a matter of feet. We did catch 3 eyes 2 that were 22"s and a 25"r. #5 jiggin raps and jensen spoon. Good Luck and be safe

walleye junky Guest

so,whats the true ice thickness in the bay,thought about goin this weekend,dont want to drown for some eyes any true reports would be greatly appreciated

gatorman841 Guest

Default ice thickness true report

I went back out again this am fished from 830am till about 11am..Got skunked fished 18fow and was clearest ive ever seen erie i could see zebra muscles on the bottom that clear didnt see 1 fish swim by..Most of the shanties were pry with a couple hundered yds at the most of open water. We stayed about 400yds or so away from open water and had 5.5" of ice, ice is solid but its still only 5.5" not sure how much they had where all the shanties were but i did see some nice hogs being thrown on the ice one real big one as we were leaving at 11am. Fished almost straight out from brest bay marina. I wouldnt take a quad or sled although some do. But as for walkn out to 16-18fow you should be ok unless this west wind picks up ur more likely to be blown off on a chunk of ice rather than go through..Im pry gonna hit the bay fri sat n sun if youd like to shoot me a email i can help you out. Your best bet if your gonna travel that far out is to follow someone elses tracks and also heard nite bite has been lot better with the clear water. Hope that helps

walleye junky Guest

Default brest bay

thanks for the report,i would definitly like to go out sat,i have been checking the weather,as of right now the wind suppose to be coming out of the southwest at 6mph not bad i will email ya by friday maybe we can hook up and go out thanks

Post Thanks / Like

seen a lot of ice fishermen 3-4 miles off wards canal buckeye outdoors telivision was there and the parking lot was full around 100 fishermen with quads and shantys straight out dont know how they did had to go but buddy lives on the lake and said its been busy for a week had friends park at his house and bring back fresh eyes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weird Walleye World

Crane Creek/Magee Marsh, Metzgers best bites are 6AM - 10AM. Brest bay produced best for me 5PM-10PM. Go figure?

Good Luck and Good Fishing