Catawba,Marblehead,Lakeside Catawba,Marblehead,Lakeside Catawba,Marblehead,Lakeside Catawba,Marblehead,Lakeside

Default Catawba,Marblehead,Lakeside

Has anybody been fishing the piers or trolling the beaches for walleye latley. We used to catch walleye after midnight from the piers at catawba and lakeside. Just wondering ,whats the hot lure latley? Anybody got advice on trolling the beaches,what's the best setup? I bought a 16' starcraft that i want to put in at catawba. What's the best area close to the state ramp? My boats are usually out of the water by halloween,this is the first year that can fish this late in the season from a boat.

Default Try Cranberry Creek

I've been doing pretty well out of cranberry creek marina, just east of huron. Been trolling in 38 to 40 feet, reef runner 800 series deep divers, purple prism and cranberry crusher have been best colors, 45 to 125 ft back. Been large fish, 6 to 7 lbs avg, to get a 9 to 10 pounder is normal. GPS 26.1/28.1 and 26.4/26.6 and 25.5/27.5.

Jfish Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Prkr314 View Post
    Has anybody been fishing the piers or trolling the beaches for walleye latley. We used to catch walleye after midnight from the piers at catawba and lakeside. Just wondering ,whats the hot lure latley? Anybody got advice on trolling the beaches,what's the best setup? I bought a 16' starcraft that i want to put in at catawba. What's the best area close to the state ramp? My boats are usually out of the water by halloween,this is the first year that can fish this late in the season from a boat.
    I tried it on Saturday out of Mazuriks. We trolled very slow about .6 - .9mph using husky jerks in 8 - 12ft deep for about 4 hours. It was my first time doing it. We started before it got dark till about 8. We only picked up 2.

I think that i may have been going too slow. The temp was 47 degrees and we were thinking that it's too early and not cold enough. Maybe the bait hasn't moved up yet. We didn't pick those two up until about 6:30 or 7 so we may have been too early. The guy that I was with wanted to go home

Blog Entries

Default Lakeside pier

Where is lakeside pier ?

Default Lakeside pier

The pier is located about the middle of the marblehead pennisula and extends north into lake erie. Not sure if it is accessable to non-residents of Lakeside.