October 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports October 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports October 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports October 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default October 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports

Post OCTOBER 2009 WESTERN LAKE ERIE (Far Western Lake Erie, Reefs, Bass Islands, Sandusky Bay etc.) fishing reports here. Be sure to include fishing location, time of day , lake conditions, Depth, depth that fish were caught and of course what you caught. GOOD Fishing to all in 2009!!

Default Perching

The perch bite has been excellent. the weather? Well? Less than cooperative. NE winds the next few days will stir it up. If ya get a chance don't wonder whether you;ll catch em or not, You will.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

powrguy Guest

Thumbs up Nice fish !

Those are some real nice lookin' perch. Many guys claim limiting out, but their fish cleaning requires sacrificing your fingers when they're that small. Yours are GREAT !

NICE JOB !

Thumbs up

Bolles Harbor for some reason has cleaner water that out of Luna Pier. I think the current comes down from the detroit river through there. We are only going out to 16 FOW. We dont keep anything under 8 1/2". If ya get a chance (weather permitting) ya might wanna trailer over there. The limit is 50 a man/person/child(ahahahahah). Bring something to entertain them. The weather will clear and lower units can handle overnight cold. It's worth the trip.

Again, Thanks

Good Luck and Good Fishing.

I am pulling my 77 33' Bertram out tomorrow. I fish a 20' CC Aquasport w/ 200 Johnson w/ 15 HP Mercury tiller. Hail Jiginitis on 69

Default great size

pulled my 27 ft but going on buddys 22 ft thompson

Unhappy Bolles Harbor 10/18

The bite was off today. We picked up 51 between 3 of us and we had to work. Softest bite of the year and cheater poles did'nt do a thing. They were there but would'nt bite. We only had 5 throw backs so the size was decent but it was too much work. Supposed to WNW winds bit they were wrong again. We had e/se winds and the lake was flat. Alittle chop started to build around 1:00 but did'nt change the fishes attitude. Just an honest report.

FYI the water cleaner in shallow vs. deeper. Exceptional clean water out 12 fow. Stained in 16 fow

ybester Guest

Default Walleye Bite

Hello,
    I'm coming out to Marblehead this weekend form Iowa and was wondering how the Walleyes are biting? And where? And on what?
    Thank you,

Rusty Guest

Default Fishing 10/18

Started our day at the Marblehead Lighthouse, then on to the Airport, then on to Gull, then to the Stone Dock. Now I'm no expert, but my last 3 perch trips ended in limits with the last one having fairly decent size too (most over 8, 5 over 10, one 12, good bit of sorting too though). We fished 5 hours yesterday and NEVER GOT A BITE. 3 guys on the boat we didn't use a dozen minnies. No matter where I went we had muddy, very muddy water. Bummer of a day but hey we were fishin and the day actually was pretty nice. Did anyone have luck anywhere around Kelly's? Lemme have it I aint proud....

Blog Entries

Rusty
    Last trip for me was like that (10-10-09) $100 fuel, 5 dozen minnies, 5 hrs of fishing/ 2 anchor moves and actually had to check lines to make sure bait was still on. Actually re-baited about 6-8times and 1 perch at 3.5 hrs into it. Actually released it after 45 minutes of nothing else, and it swam off. Used the can of corn trick - brought 1 sheep and 3 w bass. See your from Johnstown, how often do you head up to lake? - Going to head up this weekend, always looking for back-up people to make it worth while.
    Last edited by rsfrail; 10-21-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Russ

Hey Russ, got your message but had a problem replying. Send me a hit on [email protected] and I can contact you. I fish out of Bass Haven(E Harbor)