perch 10/4 perch 10/4 perch 10/4 perch 10/4
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: perch 10/4

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch 10/4

Fished dumping grounds off Marblehead from 930am to 230 pm, nice 3 man limit 17lbs. NOAA forcasted 2-3's, thought we'd go to rattlesnake....no way. I was in 5ft rollers all day, wind was strong never let up. Finally caught more consistent 10,11 and a few twelve inchers,less culling.

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

Do you have the numbers or location of the dumping grounds.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know what the lat and lon is for it. But if you can find the Marblehead lighthouse, head straight east 1-2 miles out from it....sometimes closer. Your in a direct line with Kellys Isl and the town of Sandusky. Usually there is a group of boats this time of year. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply, I thought it might have been the dumping grounds further out beyond the green can off of cedar point.

Post Thanks / Like

If where you are talking about is even farther east than 1-2 miles off Marblehead then your probably right. The charts show a dumping ground farther east. But, you know how things "names" take on their own local meanings year after year. I've got that spot in my sights this weekend and a couple others if the wind is good (19 ft boat). Any walleye talk around the islands lately? Should be time....

Labshavit Guest

Dumping grounds is just a little east of the Marblehead reef. 1-2 miles out from light house will put you their. 25-30' of water will have you on it.

Labshavit Guest

Fished MarbleHead reef off the lighthose 30' of water 2 man limit. Nice 8,9,10 and a few 11" perch. Some of the best I have caught all year. Did not hit the water till 1:30 quit at 5pm. Nice perch chop then water flattened about 4:30.