Honest perch Reports here! Honest perch Reports here! Honest perch Reports here! Honest perch Reports here!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Honest perch Reports here!

Sat-eve near Niagara and landed 25 or so perch. Kept about 15 then trolled for eyes and got 2 decent ones.

Sunday- Started at about 1:30 with my brother, dad, sis in law and nephew and landed 125 or so and kept about 75 @ 12 pounds. My nephew had a ball and caught the biggest and a few dubs. Right on imact area Gcan.

Monday- Fished a few hours with my dad and wife. Landed about 80 and kept about 40 and had 6.5 pounds. This time we were right on impact area Fcan.

Most fish were in the 8.5 range. A few 9 and 10, and alot of throw backs. Minnows were hard to find so call ahead. They should catch plenty with tonights overcast and the full moon fading. 3 very fun days on the water. I also took my kids and niese and nephews tubing for more fun. They loved it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default West of the Islands in 32' of water

Saturday around F-can 75 perch 18lbs. Didn't like the grade of fish in the area so moved north and closer to the islands in 32' of water on Sunday.

Sunday, 3 man limit 75 perch 21 lbs. much better grade of fish with a several nice 10-12" perch

Monday, 2 man limit 50 perch 14lbs sams spot as Sunday.

I know everyone on this site likes to bash walleyewhacker about his/her reports, but if I can average 3.5 fish per pound west of the islands keeping every gut hooked 7-7.5" fish and just keeping 8" and above it's very plausible to have that at 3 fish per pound average with a little more sorting even west of the islands and especially east of kelly's in the deeper water. Not trying to step on anyones toes or anything, but saying that's not possible is just flat out wrong. It is possible in the right areas and not keeping smaller perch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default what happend to my report

I posted a report yesterday. Where did it go????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Labor Day weekend perch report repost

Apparently my original perch report got lost in computer limbo. Here it is again.

Saturday, perched around F can. 3 man limit (75) 18lbs. Way too much sorting and no fish above 10" so decided to move north and towards the islands for Sunday.

Sunday, perched west of Rattlesnake in 32' of water. 3 man limit (75) 21 lbs. Much better perch with less sorting.

Monday, perched same area in 32' of water. 2 man limit (50) had one guy leave Sunday. 14 lbs.

I know that many people don't believe the walleyewacker reports of catching perch at nearly 3 fish per pound, but it is truely possible even west of the islands. I usually aim for 4 fish per pound due to keeping the gut hooked 7"-7.5" fish, but throw a couple of 11" - 12" perch into the mix and your fish per pound goes down quickly. Just have to sort thru the smaller perch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default West of Rattlesnake in 32'

Went to the same area perch fishing as last week. Had 3 guys on the boat.

Sat. limit (75) with 19lbs.

Sun. the bite seemed to slow down a little bit. 50 keepers 13lbs.

Mon. Really good bite between 9-10:30 am then it shut down. 50 keepers with a couple of 13" perch mixed in. 14lbs.