Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09. Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09. Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09. Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile calling you out

you can say anything you want, but i've been fishing the lake since 1963, have caught a lot more fish then you will ever catch, eaeach captain has his own size limit, on drawbrige its 7.5 and larger, on other captains it 8.5 and larger, on our person boat it 9 inch or larger for perch and 18 inches or larger
    for walleyes, and we have no problem filling our freezer with our standards,
    you just have to fish a little harder, and spend a little more on gas were the bigger ones live, any time you want to find out were real fish live let me know, and far as clean station goes, 5 perch per lb is avg, 2 fish per lb. are
    10 to 12 inch fish, I KNOW I won a perch tour last year, 10 perch 9.25 lbs
    and the fish were 11 to 13 inch on cert. scale. all caught in the western basin
    behined west sister, 100 perch that day wiegh 47lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Default to mouthwacker

Quote Originally Posted by walleyewacker View Post
    Wayne-

What you are saying is that each limit weighed basically 5 poiunds. That is 5 fish per pound. Again 63 pounds is believable not the size. 5 fish per pound means a lot of 7inch or less perch being kept, not 7.5 and better. There is nothing wrong with keeping small perch, just don't lie about it. You might get everyone else on here to "take the bait" but not me. You caught a bunch of little perch and want to brag about it and someone called you out. Everyone at drawbridge were looking at your catch in disbelief, they couldn't believe you kept some many small perch. If guys like you would be more selective, our perch would attain a larger average size. You would keep 13 inch walleye if the law would allow. Don't brag about little fish, unless you are a 10 year old kid.
    Wacker needs to stop submitting his bs here . He stopped for a while after his walleye bs this spring. Now its his bs knowledge of perch. He must think he is a fish scientist for constant bs he writes about. Lake Erie captains , most have fished the lake for MANY years a not many bring in stories like his. He must have a fish stretching board on his row boat to talk like a hillbilly story teller form the hills. Yall aint gona blev this, he says.
    His stories of locations and sizes will never add up to more the bs it that it smells of.
    He knows all and tells all. I fished Monday in 4 normally great spots for perch and took 7 to 10.5 inch fish. Did not get a limit. Probably boated 300 perch but the size for two thirds of them did not make the grade for charter fish.
    Most fish we kept averaged 7.5 inch. Warm water holds the larger perch way off in deeper water than the western basin holds till the water starts cooling off in a month. I have fished Erie for 33 years and thats the way it has always been. Whats changed since the 70's hay days. Water clearity, commercial fishing, baitfish, are the main ones. The days of stuffed coolers of back then are still hopeful in my mind but until that time we catch what the lake gives up to us each day we fish. Some days good and some days not.
    The weather patterns , the moon phase, wind and currents. Most do , and go to what they remember the did from the last trip or last year or 10 years ago and it sometimes works out. Remember that fishing is fishing and its not a job and nowbody likes a guy that the talks and thinks hes is bragging about what he does or does not do on the lake we love. This site is for honest advice and maybe tell your spots because this lake will be here for many years along with the fish. Stop your bs and let the rest of us tell our true stories to help the true fisherman catch some fish. Enough said. GO AWAY

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wayne Johnson report of 63#s

The wt (63#) brings to mind a post that I made on 08/13/2009 about a limit of perch that started near Green and was finished near C-can. My son and I caught 50 perch that weighed 11#s at the cleaners. We had a mixed bag of 7.5" to 12.75" perch. Majority were in the 8" range of perch. Multiply 11 x 6 and you get 66#s live wt. It is totally probable that Wayne Johnson's catch and claim of 63#s is true. I don't question his posted wt. or his integrity on this matter. I think time would be better served by posting reports and not attacking other members for trying to help fellow members out. Thank you Wayne for the report on your perch trip I am sure that it is well appreciated by most members of this site.
    Wakina:

walleyewacker Guest

Again, honestly measure your fish. 5 fish pound equals 7 inch perch period. I could go out and average that with no sort what so ever. You are catching little perch and convincing yourselves they are bigger. Get to 3 fish per pound and you have decent fish. Oh....I forgot Wayne won a perch tourney last year.....WOW I guess he knows all about fishing. Who was the tourney against, they other drunk hillbillies in your trailer park? All of you need to get real!! How pathetic, you guys come on here looking for "good intel". Give me a break. Good fishermen are not on here telling where the bite is. If any good info is put on here, by the time someone goes fishing again it is a week old. Does anyone think the fish would move by then????? No wonder most of you float around out there not catching anything. Again 300 perch that weigh 63 pound average 7 inches PERIOD.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a suggestion Lets hold a perch derby Wakina vs Walleye Whacker and have them weighed on the same scales, also lets have at least two other members of this forum present to measure the perch to determine how many they avg. per pound and verify the wt. per limit of 25. The results of that weigh-in will be final. How about it Walleye Whacker I'm willing to put my honor where my key board is how about you.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile tour results

for your information wacker, the tour I was againist was againist mostly western basin charter captains, and was wieghed by the captains each year
    in takes this size perch to win. I give you a hint we are fisshing 18 miles out
    of anchor point right near the line, any experience captain will know exacly were we fish and the sizes that come out of there all the time, as far as lb. a
    perch in shallow water is usually very skinny and wiegh's less per lb. the deep
    water perch are most more meater and weigh more per lb. perch that come from vermillion weigh more perch than western basin, same is thru about perch from counect area, or twas area, they just are bigger around per inch
    of size.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out this afternoon about 4p and was planning on fishing Gull Shoal, on the way out I was running the west side of Kelley's in about 25' of water and my graph was filled with fish. I decided to make a few casts to see if I could catch anything. To my surprise my first cast was a 17" walleye! I threw him back in and casted again, 3 walleyes on 4 casts! I kept one 22" walleye the others were 18" or smaller so I threw them back. The wind was out of the WSW and was blowing me towards the island but I continued to fish. I kept catching walleyes all the way until I got to about 12' of water.

I ended up catching probably 20 walleyes and kept my limit of 6 with the biggest being a 26". I was fishing just north of the stone loading pier starting in 25' of water and drifting until I was in about 12'. Most of the fish were coming in the 20' - 23' range. I also caught several catfish, but only 3 sheepsheads. I was using a 1/2oz chartruese and orange Parrish Pea, casting and counting down to about a 10 count.

It was nice to actually get on some fish for a change, I had a blast even though I was alone. I will be heading back there tomorrow afternoon again.

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

4 guys 21 pounds 22 ft of water off wards canal we fished from 10.30 till 5 sorted all day we would catch 5-1 keepers 8 inch average lots of 7 inch fish biggest 10 inches tossed back a lot of fish just 2 sheephead and a dozen white perch great day on the lake

walleyewacker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wayne johnson View Post
    for your information wacker, the tour I was againist was againist mostly western basin charter captains, and was wieghed by the captains each year
    in takes this size perch to win. I give you a hint we are fisshing 18 miles out
    of anchor point right near the line, any experience captain will know exacly were we fish and the sizes that come out of there all the time, as far as lb. a
    perch in shallow water is usually very skinny and wiegh's less per lb. the deep
    water perch are most more meater and weigh more per lb. perch that come from vermillion weigh more perch than western basin, same is thru about perch from counect area, or twas area, they just are bigger around per inch
    of size.
    Wayne-

I find your reasoning ammusing. "Deep water perch are more meater" Are you that stupid? Out fishing a charter captain, especially perch, is no acheivemen. Plus if you have to go 18 miles to catch perch, that really shows stupidity. Any time you want a perch fish off let me know. You are just upset that you brought in 7 inch perch and want to pass them off as 7.5 to 11 inchers and some one called you out on your lie. Make no mistake, there is nothing wrong about bringing in a limit of perch that size, I have many times. Somedays that is just what you catch no matter where you go, I just didn't lie about it. More meater, that might be the best one I have heard.

Post Thanks / Like

Default walleye fishing

when is it going to be the best time to start catching walleye nice size,thanks