Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09. Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09. Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09. Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

last weekend fished out west of north bass,there were boats trolling and boats perching...caught a four man limit in as many hours.lots of nice ones.at least one limit between 9 and 12 inches

Post Thanks / Like

Smile decent perch

fish sat aug. 15, 30 ft. water 1/2 mile northwest of green island, 12 man limit
    of perch 63 lbs. 7.5 to 13 inch perch, right on bottom, perch cleaned and wieghed at butch and denneys if any non belivers. maney witness.

walleyewacker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wayne johnson View Post
    fish sat aug. 15, 30 ft. water 1/2 mile northwest of green island, 12 man limit
    of perch 63 lbs. 7.5 to 13 inch perch, right on bottom, perch cleaned and wieghed at butch and denneys if any non belivers. maney witness.
    Wayne-

12 man limit equals, if my math is correct, 300 perch. 63 lbs for 300 perch means you had 6 to 8 inch perch, not 7.5 to 13 inch perch. A decent cooler of perch will average 3 to a pound this time of year and latter it will be about 2.5 fish per pound. The number of fish is beliveable, not the size for the weight you say you had. Or you might want the cleaners to check the accuracy of their scales.

TRAPPER Guest

Default Perchwacker?

Since when are you a perchwacker?.....You allstar you.

eyeslayer Guest

Default Trolling is the key if there is not a drift.

Trolling works great if there is no drift. I work on Sara-J charters out of Lorain. We are currently fishing along the canadian border. It has been on fire trolling and catching limits everyday. I would think that the water temp around the islands might be a little high for walleye this time of year. There is a huge school of fish outside of Lorain. Unfortunately you have to run 18 mile to get them. It would probably be about a 30 mile run for you. But I know the casters are doing great out there too. If you are loking to learn how to troll give me a call I will try to help you out. Captain Kray 216 346 5555

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Perch fishin Sat 22

Went out sat with a bunch of friends on a head boat, not the best location to fish . but with a bunch of kids and wives it was a blast, the weather was very strange for August, big waves , cold wind , rain .at times we were the only boat in site, there were at least 5 to 7 funnel clouds we observed they were closer to shore but there was this one realy big one it formed a cone and came down almost to the ground with rotation and a very defined cone , our captain tried to keep every one calm by claiming he sees these all the time, but when he stopped to take pictures and mutered on his cell phone that he had never seen one this big I knew different , anyway we caught a mixed cooler of fish nothing to brag about here , but we had an exciting trip none the less. any one else out on Sat ?
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 08-23-2009 at 09:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

guess I'm glad I decided to stay home.would be kind of cool to see though

Post Thanks / Like

Smile to walleye wacker respones

the facts about are perch are true, 300 perch , 63 lbs, captain would not let
    us keep anything under 7.5 largest was 13 inches, perch were everything inbetween, as far as the cleaners thats the lbs. he charged us for, as for every one else catches we were the largest to be brought into the store in weeks, everyone are bringing in minnows this year, I agree with you last
    years lb, per fish were much better, we were getting the 2 to 3 fish per lb.
    but even at drawbridge dock, this catch rasied alot of eyebrows, just reporting true report to help everyone out, even the charters from anchor point way are running to the islands for just avg, size fish.

boatdoc Guest

Default Walleye and perch action.

Hi all, first post here. Sorry to see all the bickering. There is good walleye fishing down here in the Huron to lorain area. Walleye in shallow water from Cranberry creek to the castle and again up on and east of the sand bar. Midle lat lon = 34 to 36 north and 32 to 35 west is good.

Perch all over in front of huron river, vermillion river and up on top of the sand bar.

walleyewacker Guest

Wayne-

What you are saying is that each limit weighed basically 5 poiunds. That is 5 fish per pound. Again 63 pounds is believable not the size. 5 fish per pound means a lot of 7inch or less perch being kept, not 7.5 and better. There is nothing wrong with keeping small perch, just don't lie about it. You might get everyone else on here to "take the bait" but not me. You caught a bunch of little perch and want to brag about it and someone called you out. Everyone at drawbridge were looking at your catch in disbelief, they couldn't believe you kept some many small perch. If guys like you would be more selective, our perch would attain a larger average size. You would keep 13 inch walleye if the law would allow. Don't brag about little fish, unless you are a 10 year old kid.