Wheatley ontario report Wheatley ontario report Wheatley ontario report Wheatley ontario report

Default Wheatley ontario report

Trailered the boat over last Thurs and fished with my wife in the morning and caught an 8 pound eye and a 10 pound steel. Later we pulled in near the beach and anchored in 16 fow and pulled a few nice perch.

Went back after it Friday with 5 fishermen on board. Landed 3 steel then went after perch again. This time we anchored in 4 fow....Yes 4 fow. Right off the beach just 30 feet or so. We got into the jumbo perch. It was great. Many were in that 12 inch range and very fat. Caught about 200 total.

Sat- Went back after steel in 4-6 footers. Found an area and worked it over for 10 solid hook ups. landed 8 fish with a bonus 5 pound eye. The steel were fat and all of them full of bait. They are eating perch and smelt.

Sun- We tried perch again and landed a few but the rough water had the beach all beat up.

Very fun trip. I am heading back in a week. The hot temps should roll in some steel. Odd weather all season has migration off a little.

Default charter

got 20 eyes one 8lbder and three 7.5

Default Bow bite is on

Spoon,
    The Bow bite is on off of Wheatley. Last two days 3 person limits have been taken in 2 hours. 120 out of harbour, 8 miles out. Lots of big fish in the 12 to 15 lb range. No word on colours but I'm guessing all the usual suspects.

Thanks N.O.S.- I am heading back to fish Tues and Wed. The Southwest Outdoorclub has had some good recent reports. Can't wait.

My numbers were 113 out of harbor 7-8 miles 57-59 fow. Looks like a good starting point.