perch fishing perch fishing perch fishing perch fishing
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: perch fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch fishing

I took some boys out friday night in the Huron area. Nothing but double after double of white perch. I tried four different spots and the same result at each spot. The kids had fun and the white perch were very large. What can you do besides move. Has any body tried them? I hope the white perch don't over take the lake.

Jfish Guest

I've heard that they're not bad. I saw a fishing show on WFN where guys were catching those and were all exited about it!

Probably like white bass or crappies. If you don't keep them alive or throw them on ice they'll soften up.

I've been thinking about keeping them sometime. I just don't like the idea of cleaning them.

I also heard a story where a guy fried up a bunch of them with his buddies and they said that it was the best fish they ever had. They thought that it was yellow perch.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard if you eat them fresh they pretty good but if you freeze and thaw not worth a thing

Post Thanks / Like

Eat them skined, use a bread type breading but don't use egg wash on them, just use milk and bread crumbs and fry them thoroughly. If the skin is on or egg used or batter, it traps the natural oil inside the meat and it can't escape. Restaraunts and stores used to sell them as 'lake Erie perch" and many thought they were getting yellow perch but they were white.

Labshavit Guest

Default Perch

Where we finding some decent size perch. Fished off west reef Thursday nice perch but real slow bite.

Post Thanks / Like

started out friday about 4 miles north of c can nothing.went east towards north bass found a pack of boats...some trolling others perching.dropped anchor around 10 am.had a four man limit by 2.some real nice jumbos.lots of doubles very few junk fish plus one bonus walleye