wild wings wild wings wild wings wild wings
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wild wings

Default wild wings

I have docked my boat for the last 3 years a wild wings with out incident.However I went up yesterday to relax and found that some scum bag decided he or they needed my kicker motor worse than I did.I guess they used bolt cutters what was left of the lock was laying on my cover.I dont get it my motor was a 1961 johnson that ran great but up and down the row of boats lots of other motors newer and more expensive.Not that I'm wishing they took someone elses.Just dont understand people...anyway watch your stuff people

Joefish Guest

I've docked there for a few years also. i was down there crappie fishing and a freind of mine whose a cop for carroll township drove up and said a guy had all his poles stolen. that was about 2 months ago.

I feel your pain Big Wally. I am also in wild wings. I got broke into in May, they took all my spinnig rods. There were also 4 more people in C row that got hit the same weekend. If I could find out who did it they would wish they didn't!

Blog Entries

Default break-ins

Sorry to here they have been at it again, It is wierd early in the year they hit a number of us captains, fortunately or unfortunately they never took much just bee=ing a inconvience! They got me for some jigs a drift sok some minor stuff. They havent messed w any rods or reels just enough stuff from each boat we couldnt make a insurance claim
    If we catch one of them they will wish they never thought about it!
    Captain Dave

Default gear stolen

About 3 weeks ago 8 boats got hit at the Bait Barn. They took rods and reels and 3 kicker outboards. Plus trashed some boat covers. They got finger prints.

walleyewacker Guest

I keep my boat at Wild Wings in April and early May. I had a fish cooler stolen along with a few little things as well. When I went to the gas dock to tell them, their response was "well it is Wild Wings what do you expect?" I have heard of numerous issues there in the past 2 years. I would not keep a boat there full time due to this, nor should anyone else until they have the marina patroled and these people are caught. In my other marina I can leave anything laying out on a Sunday evening, return the following Friday and if my stuff isn't still there, someone picked it up and put it in my boat. Wild Wings is full of a bunch of white trash hillbillys, in my opinion, and I will not be back next spring because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by walleyewacker View Post
    I keep my boat at Wild Wings in April and early May. I had a fish cooler stolen along with a few little things as well. When I went to the gas dock to tell them, their response was "well it is Wild Wings what do you expect?" I have heard of numerous issues there in the past 2 years. I would not keep a boat there full time due to this, nor should anyone else until they have the marina patroled and these people are caught. In my other marina I can leave anything laying out on a Sunday evening, return the following Friday and if my stuff isn't still there, someone picked it up and put it in my boat. Wild Wings is full of a bunch of white trash hillbillys, in my opinion, and I will not be back next spring because of it.
    It is unfortunate that a few knuckleheads break into boats and steal. I highly doubt these are fishermen. As for Wild Wings, I have several friends that aren't white trash that use that marina. Perhaps management can work with local law enforcement to catch and prosecute the thieves at large.

This is a warning to us all. Lock up your belongings or take them home with you. It might be a hassle, but with the tough economic times, crime is rising.

As for you Walleye Wacker, I am amazed your boat wasn't sunk after all of the bogus reports you gave sending so many on wild goose chases burning valuable gas and time. Especially being surrounded by all of the "white trash" at the marina. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

You reap what you sow!
    Last edited by spoontang; 07-16-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Default wild wings

I agree with Spoontang on both points. First,Hard times bring out the worst in folks. Second, Waliwacker is responsible for shutting down several good fishermen who were posting honest and up to date reports. I have had the opportunity to communicate with several individuals on this site who were very forth coming with info and very helpfull with fishing techniques. I am not that good of a fishermen and appreciate any help that I can get. Wacker, I can only suggest that you chill out and keep it positive or use this site as "read only."

Baha299

WTF Wacker Where do you get off calling people white trash! I'm so sick of seeing your BS on here and if it was put to a vote your butt would be kicked off this site. We are all on here for one thing and that is to share info, and keep up on current fishing conditions. Not to bash one another or judge ones personal status. Keep it real!
    Last edited by Gettin Jiggy; 07-17-2009 at 06:16 PM.

You said that right Getting Jiggy. Can you believe he said your marina is full of white trash? That guy has no class at all. The ironic thing is, white trash like us would be the first to offer him a hand in the event of an emergency. Some people just don't get it.