Looking for info about Wheatley Looking for info about Wheatley Looking for info about Wheatley Looking for info about Wheatley
    Jfish Guest

Default Looking for info about Wheatley

I've heard about getting Stealhead over by Wheatly.

I would like some information on some coordinates or areas to get these steelhead as well as some good times to go.

Do you drive your boat from say Wild Wings and then make a day out of it and drive back? Do you get a hotel and trailer your boat there?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

- Jason

Hi,
    We are from the Toledo area so we take the boat over the Bridge and return at night.Long day but a lot of action for 1 day.If you are thinking of running the Boat over there you need to get a Chart .If you are thinking of going out of Wildwings you have no idea of what the trip is by sea.

Jfish-I am heading that direction this Sat. I am going to start more toward leamington for eyes, and if all goes well, we will cross the point in search of deep water for steel at mid day. I am running my boat across this time. I trailered 1 time last year and have run across a total 20 times or so from Port Clinton. Passports are a must as of June 1. You will need a long range fuel tank. If you can trailer, perhaps Catawba would put you closer. If you are interested, you could follow or meet at West Dock. We plan to hit Pelee West dock to buy license first, fish leamington, then Probably Wheatley and we havn't ruled out the east side of Pelee for smallies for an hour on our way back.

Keith- That is our plan if you are interested. I would love a mixed bag of eyes, steel and smallies. We will see what develops.

Jfish Guest

I appreciate the info guys.

Saturday I'll be hitting the close reefs mostly for Smallies. First day of the season and I've been waiting all year.

If you guys have some coordinates for me as to where these steelies will be I would appreciate it for another day.

If anyone would like to go on my boat and fill me in on what to do you're more than welcome to come. I'd like to learn what to do. I have a set of downriggers that I've never used.

Default Wheatley Info

JFish, Your best source of current information regarding fishing conditions out of Wheatley is the swoc.ca web site. Ken is the harbour manager and does a good job of providing daily updates via the forum section of the web site.

Spoontang, when you return to port clinton after Canada where or what do you have to do to "check in"? Are there hours to check in. Thanks for any info and good luck.

There is a video phone at my marina, Brand's dry dock in Port Clinton. Just pick it up and you are connected to US customs and they can see you as you report in.