Be careful this weekend Be careful this weekend Be careful this weekend Be careful this weekend
    jamess2008 Guest

Default Be careful this weekend

Got it from a reliable source. They will be out in full force this weekend. Make sure you have all your safety equipment( up to date ). Just a heads up. Safe fishing brothers.Jim

Is that USCG? Either way, it is a great heads up to check out equipment. Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure they are gearing up for the 4th.

Blog Entries

Default Good Idea

We were stopped on our way out to fish last year we were coming out of portage river just past the draw bridge . and I am not exagerating by the USCG, the Port authority ,Port Clinton Police Water Patrol , US Customs ,the Terrorst responce Patrol Boat, all at the same site stopping every small craft that was heading out and they were serious ! went thru our boat like we stole something , we were ok but a little annoyed by the show of force . all the officers were polite tho and helpful almost apologetic for holding us up from fishing . I resolved to do a pre season ck on gear and dates they expire flares, and jackets fire extinguisher etc . did you know that flares and signal guns have an exp. date stamped on the side . its also a good idea to get the watercraft patrol to do an inspection of you gear and boat before you go out and get that little sticker to place on your windshield so your fishing trip wont be delayed by a spot inspection .