Perch limit! Perch limit! Perch limit! Perch limit!

Thread: Perch limit!

pbmedic Guest

Default Perch limit!

Yes walleyes are fun to catch, but a box full of perch is better than chaseing eyes all over the western basin. Thur.(18th) from 5p-9p two of us got our limit of perch. Most over 8", several 10 and 11. Used spreaders (one gold the other perch colors) with 1/2 minnows. Believe it or not we caught them at the Intake!
    Be safe

Smile what intake

what intake are you talking about , im new here, im headed up monday for some perch and advise would be great. thank.s

Default Perch

Not caught alot of perch, where is the "intake"? "Half minnows"???? were you actually cutting them in half?
    Last edited by True Blue; 06-20-2009 at 01:20 PM.

Default Water Intake

The Toledo Water Intake in around 2 miles out from Meinkes West. They have a nice boat ramp there also. Hope this helps.
    fredsterL.

Default Minnows

Quote Originally Posted by fredsterL. View Post
    The Toledo Water Intake in around 2 miles out from Meinkes West. They have a nice boat ramp there also. Hope this helps.
    fredsterL.
    What about the " half minnows"? Do you have GPS numbers for the intake?

Toledo Water Intake N 41 43.00 W 83 16.00 There are perch everywhere around the Maumee Bay area. Got 50 yesterday in about 13 FOW near Turtle Island in about 2 hours. With gas at $3.35 a gallon at the dock, I refuse to chase walleye all over the lake. Wait till next year when it's over $5 a gallon.

Sometimes perch like minnows cut in half rather than whole minnows. It is also a way to stretch the amount of minnows you have if you are running short. I have also used golden shiners when emerald shiners were sold out and for whatever reason, perch want the goldies busted open.

Default Perch

Quote Originally Posted by fisheye330 View Post
    Toledo Water Intake N 41 43.00 W 83 16.00 There are perch everywhere around the Maumee Bay area. Got 50 yesterday in about 13 FOW near Turtle Island in about 2 hours. With gas at $3.35 a gallon at the dock, I refuse to chase walleye all over the lake. Wait till next year when it's over $5 a gallon.
    I agree it gets expensive but I do believe there is more meat on 20 walleye than 50 perch. Even so I would like to catch a mess of them tasty perch! Thanks for the informaton and I'll try that area.