Almost Time!!!! Almost Time!!!! Almost Time!!!! Almost Time!!!!

Thread: Almost Time!!!!

Default Almost Time!!!!

This is my true Lake Erie passion. Nothing like 20-30 chrome to fill the box. It just doesn't get any better. This is Capt. Nick. He works att Eppinger(daredevil).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhcqQ...e=channel_page

Whitswhaler Guest

Default Back on the Lake FINALLY!

Greg,

I finally got the boat out of storage last Friday (too many baseball and softball games so far this year to even think about fishing). Worked on the boat Saturday and decided to give it a try close to home on Sunday evening.

Fished from 6:30 to 9:00pm on Sunday off of the CLeveland "Crib" in about 52 FOW. Caught six nice walleye (three of them were over 6 lbs each), smallest was 20". Trolled Stinger spoons (Pooh Bear Purple and Perch caught all the fish). Dipsies set #3 back 90-95' and #4 back 120'. The kids had a great time reeling in the fish, I even gave up the net duties to my son and we didn't lose one fish at the net. Guess I'm just along for the ride.

Great evening on the lake, it was good to get back out. If you're interested in giving it a try east of the islands give me a call and we can hook up again. I'm definitely up for another trip up north. I'm lost your email and mine has changed, but my cell is the same. Text me or give me a call.

Keep up the good work on the fishing reports, as always extremely informative and definitely motivational. If I move the boat back to the west I'll give you a shout.

Keith

Cubsfan53 Guest

Question Fall walleye fishing?

I have had several charter boat captains advise me that fishing in Sept or Oct for walleye is very iffy and probably not worth the four hour drive. Any opinions? thanks.

Default fall walleye

there nothing like.down towards vermillion...unreal when your are on the fish.last october we had 36 fish that 289 lbs at the fish cleaner.two over 11.would have caught our limit but 2 guys sick and went in early.take a hardy crew with you and its worth it

Keith-
    So good to see you back on. I bet alot has changed for each of us over the last year. The chromies are just getting started near our honey hole. In a couple of weeks, they will be in full swing.

I understand the busy thing. The West end has been a little off this year and I'm sure weather has alot to do with it. I am booked in Campers Cove Wheatley from Aug 4-9. I have a full boat but would love for you to make it in your boat. I will be set up with cooking supplies etc. Steelies in the am, Jumbo perch mid day, and evening eyes. I still can't get over those super fat perch...and from the dock. I will pm my email to you.

If you are ready to make a run North, lets put it together. I fished with Trueblue and have spoken to getting jiggy and they might be interested too. Good guys and good fishermen.

Check that pm

Tight lines,
    Greg
    Last edited by spoontang; 06-18-2009 at 03:10 PM.