June 20th June 20th June 20th June 20th
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June 20th

Default June 20th

Heading out on the 20th for some walleye action. I have not been out in a couple weeks and would appreciate any advice on where the action is. I am heading out of Toledo Beach Marina...i would expect to have to run out to at least W. sister. Any reports would be great so as to lower the cost on gas. Thanks a lot. I am a new member but a contributing member when i have any info.

FISHMAN

Default June 20

Well first let me say the walleye fishing has been slow so far. But I'm thinking this will be the weekend to be out.
    My reasoning for this is 1- the winds are shifting finally from the east,and 2- the moon will be in the new moon phase. Mornings are supposed to be better also.
    Also, people are marking fish by West Sister but fish aren't biting good yet. Ask a bait store, where you should be trying at. Hope this helps.
    Good Fishing

Default 6/18/09

Not advice but just to let you know what worked for me. It was a great day; light west wind and only 1-2 footers. We started at Sputnick and trolled toward a point just north of West Sister. Started picking up fish right away and had 5 by the time I got all the lines in! I ran 3 inline boards with harnesses on each side with 2 #7 Jointed Shad Rap's long lined (100' and 120' back), and I had stinger spoons on the downriggers at 27', 26', 25' and 24'. All fish were caught on the harnesses! Just haven't had much luck on spoons.

Thanks for the report. Any others would be appreciated. I will post my results on sunday or monday.

Default fishing this weekend too

I would stop at the nearest bait store for advice. I'm going out Sunday around West Sister if thats where they say there at. We picked up 2 walleyes by Sputnik also drifting with Gold Harnesses Sunday afternoon. Also 25 perch. It was just 2 of us.
    Hopefully this will be a good weekend. The wind is shifting from the East, and the New Moon is coming. Good Fishing.
    FredsterL.

moriah2 Guest

were are the yellow perch

Default Fishman

By the way, I forgot to mention in my previous post we ended up with 22 with biggest being 27" 6.12#.

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    By the way, I forgot to mention in my previous post we ended up with 22 with biggest being 27" 6.12#.
    You should post a picture. That was impressive. 2 coolers full of fatties. I bet you had 80 pounds of fish there, or at least close to it. That should be pushing 40 pounds of fillets. FISH FRY AT TRUE BLUE'S HOUSE!!!!! I'll bring the cole slaw.

Default Perch

Quote Originally Posted by moriah2 View Post
    were are the yellow perch
    Perch at the Water Intake, Gravel Pit, they say thought the bigger Perch are past West Sister 1 or 2 miles. Hope this helps.
    FredsterL.

Default Just for you

http://www.walleye.com/community/att...1&d=1245469465

Took a while to figure out how to attach a picture but here it is.