help for CANADIAN SIDE WESTERN ERIE help for CANADIAN SIDE WESTERN ERIE help for CANADIAN SIDE WESTERN ERIE help for CANADIAN SIDE WESTERN ERIE
    pick24 Guest

Default help for CANADIAN SIDE WESTERN ERIE

I'm looking for a little hint where to get some eyes out of leamington or colchester ontario

The fish are migrating toward Leamington. If you look on a chart at Point Pelee, you will see Grub reef on the West side of the point near the tip. Good fishing reports there.

I subscribe to another page that covers that side of the pond. There have also been fish caught off of the Tomato. I think that is a landmark along the shore. Perhaps a red water tower.

I heard last weekend the "humps" off Colchester were producing decent numbers and size of walleyes. Things have been a bit slower out of Leamington with the fly hatch in progress. The other gentlemen in this thread mentioned just west of point pelee which was good the weekend before last. I spoke with one of the local charter guys Monday night at the local marina and he picked up 21 that day but noted that he had to work pretty hard most of the day. It looks like most are running jets with spoons (red and yellow) and/or bottom bouncers with a harness. I hear that the bow's out of Wheatley are just starting. One guy was out and had 9 knock offs and landed 4 one of which was a nice 14 lb'er and was working in 65ft of water. I haven't fished that side of the point yet but word is the thermocline hasn't formed up so things are a bit late from that perspective. Limits of perch were taken on a regular basis throughout May in anywhere from 28-35 feet of water anywhere from the national park gates to the end of the point with lots of jumbos in the mix. Recently good perch catches were had just north of Grubs reef however things have tapered off I'm guessing primarily due to the hatch. Good luck.

eyefreak Guest

Cool July 1 Evening Report

Went out from Leamington Marina, tried 5 M S of the marina with no results. Went over to SE corner of Pelee Island and trolled with Jets and Bottom bouncers with harnesses and had 5 fish by 8:30.
    Unfortunately all the fish were small 19-21". Through most of June we were getting good sized fish but the last week and a half I've seen nothing over 22", anyone else seeing that? Any suggestions?

Last Saturday I fished an area that produced great numbers the previous week. The change is the mayfly hatch. We didn't catch a fish in the Leamington area and fished several hours. We did catch more near Wheatley but not good numbers. I marked huge areas of mayflies everywhere.

Left Leamington marina first thing, tried just west of point pelee, no luck. Went around the point and directly east until we hit 50-52 ft of water. Took six nice walleye (2.5 to 4.5 lbs). Three rainbow. Black and white spoons the ticket for both species. No. 1 dipsey's back 105. The bows didn't hit until about 3 in the afternoon.