Monday night report Monday night report Monday night report Monday night report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday night report

Things were slow. Set lines at 6pm or so and dragged them through alot of good water. Picked a few decent fish but overall a slow night. Mayfly couds were thick around every light when we got in. The water is still cool at just 67 degrees. Good things to come in the near future. I cancelled tomorrow and will save it for a better day.

Post Thanks / Like

got a 2 man limit trolling stingers with big boards sunday. went back monday 3 guys 4 fish 6 hours both days 1-3 miles north northwest of westsister 70 -130 back with 30 and 40 jets north easterlys got to go away soon. lots of white bass and sheapheads

Post Thanks / Like

I might add, We spoke to a couple of men just getting in as we were leaving. They said the went to Canada, Michigan, and other distant waters to find eyes and found none after 12 hours on the water. I don't feel so bad now.

tkshifl Guest

Default Where???

Quote Originally Posted by spoontang View Post
    Things were slow. Set lines at 6pm or so and dragged them through alot of good water. Picked a few decent fish but overall a slow night. Mayfly couds were thick around every light when we got in. The water is still cool at just 67 degrees. Good things to come in the near future. I cancelled tomorrow and will save it for a better day.
    Good info but what's the location.....Erie is a big lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I trolled from N of North Bass to Green Island. marked many fish along the way. The men I spoke to worked the areas from W Sis to the Turnaround bouy to East Sister.

It is hard to compete against the unlimited supply of food right in their face.

Whitswhaler Guest

Default Back on the Lake FINALLY!

Greg,

Have been anxiously reading your posts and as always great information. I finally got the boat out of storage last Friday (to many baseball and softball games so far this summer to even allow me to think about fishing). Cleaned it up on Saturday and decided to go out on Sunday evening (6/14).

Fished with the kids from 6:30 to 9:00pm off of the Cleveland "Crib" in 52 FOW. Caught six nice walleye, three of which were 6 lbs each. Smallest fish was 20". Trolled Stingers (Pooh Bear Purple and Perch caught all the fish) behind dipsies set #3 back 90-95' and #4 120' back. 1.8 to 2.0 mph seemed to produce best with some S curves thrown in for good measure.

A nice relaxing evening with a few nice fish to top it all off. Kids had a great time realing in the fish, I even let my son handle the netting duties and we didn't loose a fish at the back of the boat. I guess I'm just along for the ride now.

If you want to head east this summer to try your hand off Cleveland just let me know and I'm definitely up for a trip north again. I don't have your email address anymore (computer died) and my email has changed as well. I still have your cell number and mine has stayed the same. Give me a call or text and we'll see if we can hook up again.

Keep up the good work with the great fishing info.

Keith

Post Thanks / Like

when do you think the mayfly feast will end?

Post Thanks / Like

It is hard to tell. The brunt will last perhaps 10 days or so then dimish greatly. It could last a month or so but I think we are past the peak and things will get better. I hope!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by spoontang View Post
    It is hard to tell. The brunt will last perhaps 10 days or so then dimish greatly. It could last a month or so but I think we are past the peak and things will get better. I hope!!!!!!!!!
    hi spoony you arent going to beleive what i did got up fishing first time yesterday got one 5lbs and one 3lbs dad got one 5lbs my brother got two about 3 to 4 lbs i lost one at the boat that was 10 to 15lbs some where it broke 14 lb line i did atleast got to see it before it broke off just let me say holy sh-t was it huge i hope i get up again and get another like that they where in about 26fow to about 35fow all on worm harnesses right on the bottom our counters on our reels wasnt working right one was on monkey puke one on copper blade with the watermelon tape does the drift sock help to keep boat stright and why cant i put both planer boards out just one sideo my brother had somethnig hit that took the gears right out of a new reel
    Last edited by jig; 06-28-2009 at 08:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jig View Post
    hi spoony you arent going to beleive what i did got up fishing first time yesterday got one 5lbs and one 3lbs dad got one 5lbs my brother got two about 3 to 4 lbs i lost one at the boat that was 10 to 15lbs some where it broke 14 lb line i did atleast got to see it before it broke off just let me say holy sh-t was it huge i hope i get up again and get another like that they where in about 26fow to about 35fow all on worm harnesses right on the bottom our counters on our reels wasnt working right one was on monkey puke one on copper blade with the watermelon tape does the drift sock help to keep boat stright and why cant i put both planer boards out just one sideo my brother had somethnig hit that took the gears right out of a new reel
    1. what part of your boat is the sock tied to?
    2. what type of boards do you have?
    3. did you have a cross wind?
    4. where were you fishing?

Your brother might have tied into a steelhead