June 8-9 report June 8-9 report June 8-9 report June 8-9 report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: June 8-9 report

Post Thanks / Like

Default June 8-9 report

Fished the late eve of Monday. Just got lines set, picked up 3 fish and got hit by the storm that ripped through Toledo. Pulled lines, tucked tail and ran.

Fished the morning of June 9. It was pretty rough. 2-3 ft chp building to plenty of 4s. We were not on the fish early but manged to end with 10 near Rattlesnake.

Went back out that evening and managed a dozen in the same area. This trip was flat and pleasant.

Cranks on inline boards were best. Blue jointed shad rap size 7 was hot. That lure likely runs 15-18 ft down. Fish were full of shiners and a few perch.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by spoontang View Post
    Fished the late eve of Monday. Just got lines set, picked up 3 fish and got hit by the storm that ripped through Toledo. Pulled lines, tucked tail and ran.

Fished the morning of June 9. It was pretty rough. 2-3 ft chp building to plenty of 4s. We were not on the fish early but manged to end with 10 near Rattlesnake.

Went back out that evening and managed a dozen in the same area. This trip was flat and pleasant.

Cranks on inline boards were best. Blue jointed shad rap size 7 was hot. That lure likely runs 15-18 ft down. Fish were full of shiners and a few perch.
    spoony do you think the eyes are migerating yet i was going to come to lake erie saturday but im not seeing many reports for walnut creek

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jig View Post
    spoony do you think the eyes are migerating yet i was going to come to lake erie saturday but im not seeing many reports for walnut creek
    The surface water temp hasn't really changed much over the last six weeks. It was just 65 the other day. With all of this North and East wind, the nights are cold and the water isn't heating up much. I think the eyes havn't moved much other than a little North due to the super muddy water we had for weeks. There is great fishing near Rattlesnake, W Sis, Middle Sis, E Sis and Kelly's however I hav't fished Kelly's in a few weeks. I think your best fishing opportunity is near the Islands.