Ramp Locations Ramp Locations Ramp Locations Ramp Locations

Thread: Ramp Locations

fishnhunt Guest

Default Ramp Locations

Looking at coming up later this week and would like to head out towards Kelley's or the Bass Islands to fish. I am unfamiliar with the Marblehead, Lakeside, and Catawba area and wanted to know what ramp would allow best access to Kelley's and the Bass Islands area.

Thanks for the help.

If you want Kelly's, Mazurik on North Shore Blvd is your ramp. Very nice and free too. The fish are due North.

eerie drifter Guest

Talking

As long as your giving quality fishing locations Spoontang what's your estimate to get out to West Sister? I'm from Mich and have never been there before. I've got a 17 ft deep vee Tracker but don't feel like tempting the lakes fury running all the way from Bolles Harbor or Luna Pier. It looks from the lake chart the shortest shot is straight out from the marsh area that is between Toledo and Port Clinton. Any idea how far that is? Thanks for the advice.

Blog Entries

It's about 8 mile out to West Sister from Turtle Creek. You can put in at Fenwicks on us 2 or turn left at Humprey road next to the Happy hooker and go out of Turtle Creek Marina.

eerie drifter Guest

Talking

Capt WACO thanks for the info, just one last thing. Is Sputnik very far from West Sister?

Labshavit Guest

eerie drifter I don't think you can get any closer than Fenwick, Turtle Creek, Tousaint LamberJacks it is all about the same 7 mile or so.

Quote Originally Posted by eerie drifter View Post
    As long as your giving quality fishing locations Spoontang what's your estimate to get out to West Sister? I'm from Mich and have never been there before. I've got a 17 ft deep vee Tracker but don't feel like tempting the lakes fury running all the way from Bolles Harbor or Luna Pier. It looks from the lake chart the shortest shot is straight out from the marsh area that is between Toledo and Port Clinton. Any idea how far that is? Thanks for the advice.
    I can tell you from the Portage River to W Sis is 17 miles at about a 345 heading. If you launch farther West, like Fenwick's, you will shave a few miles off that. Likely within 10 mi. or so depending on what side you fish. I have a buddy That frequently launches his 17 from Fenwick's and fishes that area. Locus Point and Reno Beach put you about the same distance to W Sis. You can pick where to launch to make an easier run according to wind direction. Very doable in your boat. You should slay them.
    Last edited by spoontang; 06-02-2009 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eerie drifter View Post
    Capt WACO thanks for the info, just one last thing. Is Sputnik very far from West Sister?

Sputnik is about 10 miles North of W Sis if I am correct. I think this is also known as the turn around bouy. Good deep water out there in the shipping channel. Great July Fishing. Perhaps now too, everyone is just fishing closer to the islands with large schools of fish in closer.