New Kid in Town New Kid in Town New Kid in Town New Kid in Town
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Kid in Town

PKMc Guest

Default New Kid in Town

I am new to this forum and have started fishing the Lake on my own boat for the first time this year. I don't get out a lot, but I'm always willing to share any info. I have. I went out last night and managed to dodge the storms long enough to hit Crib Reef at sun set. We went to the shallow water and anchored down and threw some suspending Rapalas. After about 10 white bass (12"-15") we hit four Walleye (2 at 26", a 28", and a 30"). By 10:30 everything was quiet again and we didn't hit anything else but a stray white bass. Left at 1:00 am. This was my first trip to the Lake at night and had some fun. Does anyone have any pointers for night trips? I fish with 2 guys that work 3rd shift with Tues. and Weds. off, so it's ideal for them.
    Also, I'm taking out a couple guys Sat. morning. We'll head out in the morning from Wild Wings. Any suggestions?

waterdog Guest

Default Minows

Take some minows too! I always take minows and my wife uses a spreader. We have caught some real nice jumbo perch and she catches walleye with the set up too! We will put a night crawler on one hook and a minow on the other hook. You can put one pole fishing straight down as you fish the lures with the other pole. Great fun when you get hits on both poles at the same time
    Hope this was usefull info.

Post Thanks / Like

PKMc,Is One of your buddies named Brian ?

PKMc Guest

Yes, why do you ask?

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it might be, Brian said you guys were going to try the night bight. I sent you a pm.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday trip

PKMc,

I work with a Charter Captain who is out of Wind Wings, and I'll likely be there anyway, so if you have room for another person, I'd be glad to go out with you and show you around the Lake. Even if you don't have room, here's some info about the fishing the last week:

Walleye have been caught consistantly the last few weeks, this being the best time of year for walleye fishing (all around for enjoyment, including weather and other factors). They are being caught from just off the reef complex around the firing range buoys to out around West Sister Island to west of North Bass's West Shoal to off Starve Island Shoal to north of Kelleys Island. In other words, they are being caught lots of places.

Best advice is, as usual, check the local bait store and marina fishing reports when you get here, and check this board the day before you leave. On Saturday, you may be fishing 3 miles off shore or you may be out 15 miles. You can choose to fish the western basin, around the Bass Islands, or over around Kelleys Island.

If you have room, or want some more info, send me a message.

West