Has anybody fished lately???? Has anybody fished lately???? Has anybody fished lately???? Has anybody fished lately????
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anybody fished lately????

The lake should be clearing up. has anybody been out and willing to share success or lack of???

Post Thanks / Like

no the last time i was out was last sat the 23rd we ended up with 19 walleyes not a bad day it did take all day from 8am to 4pm. I plane on making another trip this weekend sat and i will post my fish satus then good luck to all u guys hope we all have a great weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I was out Monday 5/25, water was aweful muddy. Went out by west sister and caught 9 before we were blown off the lake. We were in 30 fow, and dragging bottom bouncers. Color did not seem to matter.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fished lately

Hello Spoon,
    I spoke to one of my vacation renters last night. (He needed combination for fish cleaning house), they had 4 man limit in about 5 hours. They also were throwing back <17"ers. They were trolling in front of our condo near Wild Wings between B-A can until winds picked up and moved West of West Sister to drift for the final fish. He stated most were nice fish up to 26".

We fished same area around W. Sister last Sunday and picked up only 6 nice eyes on Sunday prior to rough water. Seems like trolling is the answer.

Lake was nice and clear last weekend
    Last edited by capitalwalleye; 05-29-2009 at 08:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I was out last weekend on Sunday...solid day trolling spoons with jets #20 about 95 back in about 26 fow. Three man limit in 5.5 hrs. Gold seemed to be the ticker. Not going to make it out but a few of my fishin buddies are i will post there reports. Next time out for me is June 5. Fished out of Toledo Beach Marina but took a run out of Michigan water to get the better fish...everyone back at the marina that stayed in Mi water was complaining of throwbacks.

FISHMAN

PKMc Guest

Default Wednesday evening

I and two others were out Wed. evening. We drifted a bit until the sun went down with no success then headed over to Crib Reef. We anchored down in the shallow water and threw suspending rapalas. We caught 15 white bass (13"-15") and four walleyes (2 26", a 28", and a 30") from sun set to 10:45. We stayed until 1:00am, but with little success past 10:45.
    I'm planning on going out of Wild Wings Saturday, any tips or suggestions anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the info and please keep it coming.
    Tight lines,
    Spoontang

Post Thanks / Like

Default eye fishing

went to day Friday very slow had 3 boats run out together 4 fish total tried a can nothing went west of west sister 1 eye 1 perch 1 shithead not even a white perch bite try again Saturday if weather is decent called for 2- 4s and was calm left dock at 9.30 back at 330 water was a lot cleaner west of island lots of charter boats did not see any nets going down tuff day anybody got any good news got lots of eyes in frezer but buddys need some might buy minnows for perch they been doing good on them around intake. need some help where walleye that are hungry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report

Yesterday fished from 12 - 4 and kept 15 today fished fron 9-12 and kept 21; both days never caught one trash fish! Fished west of sister in 30 FOW using harnesses with worms. Color didn't matter I haven't changed a harnes blade yet. I think I'm running a Mi-Hi, a Lady bug, a Huckleberry and the other rod (believe it or not) I'm running a Mepps brass spinner dragging a worm behind.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Default fished Friday

Fished Kelley's the water was the clearest I've seen yet. Lots of boats drifting gull and Kelly's shoal. I trolled the deep water around the shoal's with my friend Larry and we got our limit of 12. 22 to 27 inch fish. It took about 4 hours. Once we found a pocket of fish it we caught 10 in 30 minutes. Dipsey's with stinger spoons. 40 to 50fow. The lake was muddy off of Sawmiil and Huron.