Has anybody fished lately???? Has anybody fished lately???? Has anybody fished lately???? Has anybody fished lately????
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default report

fished today from 9am- 1130am before going to work and we got 14 west of west sister. Worms, 30 FOW.

squirrelly Guest

Default 5-24-09

Hello Spoon,
    First time posting on the site. Went out last Sunday (5-24-09) west of Kelley’s Island by the airport, 17-38 fow. Caught 8 eyes, 20-25” averaging 3lbs with one 7lb’er. Had luck running 4 planner boards, 2 set at 90’ and 2 at 70’. Ran reef runners on all four lines, hot colors = Bubble Gum (Superman), Bare Naked, Gray Ghost. Kept speed at roughly 2.25 mph.

Heading out tomorrow. Any suggestions where to fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Heading up tomorrow. Any good reports?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default lots of walleye

Fished between north niagra all the way to rattle snake. Limits of 3 guys fridAy, 7 man on sat. and 6 man on sundya all trolling jets and spoons!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spoontang View Post
    Heading up tomorrow. Any good reports?
    fished yesterday trolled big boards with jet divers northwest of north bass lots of fish 3 to 4 pounds spoons purple was good so was green used 20s and 30s 100 to 150 back i am sure they are still around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dave and Fishon. That is spot on with what worked for me Friday. The fish out on that Canadian line were all fat 24-26 inchers. We also picked some jumbo perch on spoons. Are you guys picking some fat perch too? I'm guessing the perching should be pretty good. I'll likely take a stab at that this week too. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up eyes

spoony you have any suggestion what to started with harnesses or reef runners or both last year we went up there we got four out in 38 ft and i taik to a guy who had four man limit and they where in about 15 to 20 ft are you moving slow or fast like 1.0 or 2.0

Post Thanks / Like

My ideal troll speed is 1.6-1.8. I catch all the way up tp 3mph when I troll steelies but the water is warm and fish are very active. The problem with cranks is they won't get in the target zone at slow speeds. They need weight. I used leadcore and copper lines Friday and caught them on both. The only time I tried 20 ft water was a few weeks ago and we caught 16 and kept 14. The bigger fish certainly seem to be in the deeper water right now. Did you see the post that caught 60? That was deep water. I would say to use both and see what works. Thursday was worms, but we caught a few on cranks and spoons too. Friday was all cranks and spoons. The mayflies are getting started and spoons and cranks should be better. I will know a little more by Wednesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by spoontang View Post
    My ideal troll speed is 1.6-1.8. I catch all the way up tp 3mph when I troll steelies but the water is warm and fish are very active. The problem with cranks is they won't get in the target zone at slow speeds. They need weight. I used leadcore and copper lines Friday and caught them on both. The only time I tried 20 ft water was a few weeks ago and we caught 16 and kept 14. The bigger fish certainly seem to be in the deeper water right now. Did you see the post that caught 60? That was deep water. I would say to use both and see what works. Thursday was worms, but we caught a few on cranks and spoons too. Friday was all cranks and spoons. The mayflies are getting started and spoons and cranks should be better. I will know a little more by Wednesday.
    those speeds are close to what we caught them on last yearwe use the weightno i didnt see that post how deep where the deep ones thanks

Post Thanks / Like

yes we were picking up perch to my son wanted to fish for them but we were really there for eyes ended up with 14 perch